Hopefully, the roads will clear up by the time Jim has to head to the hospital for his 3-month appointment with his oncologist. I'll be interested to see how his blood work looks because yesterday was such a weird day. I got home around 3:45 (way later than I should've gotten home due to an accident but more on that in a minute) and when I got out of my car in the garage, I saw the groceries Jim had gotten strewn all over the place. When I went inside, Jim was in the bathroom...apparently not feeling great. He said he was alright but just having belly issues. I went on with my routine, got walking clothes on and took Scout out for a nice long walk.
As I was walking up our street, almost home, I caught up with Jim walking with Boo. I thought Oh good, he must be feeling better. I went upstairs and remember the groceries and yelled down to Jim, "Did you remember to put the groceries away?" He didn't answer me so I yelled again. I heard him mumble something and so I yelled, "WHAT?!" And he said, "I'm checking." Checking? Do you not know if you did or didn't? Weird. So I go down and see him bringing everything in...I go out to the garage to help and bring in another bag and we start unloading. I notice he's bought two of almost everything. Two bunches of bananas; two loaves of french bread; two bags of grapes; two bags of honey crisp apples. I said, "What the hell?" Jim couldn't seem to give me a reason and seemed really confused. It was so weird.
Ultimately, he went up to lay down. I'm not sure what's going on with him but it sort of freaked me out. Eventually I went up to take his blood pressure (it was normal) and I asked him what he'd eaten. At this point it was 5:30 and he told me he'd had a few pancakes for breakfast. That's it! Ugh! He drives me nuts with how he doesn't take care of himself! At the end of the evening, he seemed fine. I told him he needs to tell his doc about this. Maybe the meds he's on are making him loopy.
So the accident I mentioned. When I was driving home from the dentist appointment, about a mile from my house, I came upon a huge traffic jam. I tried every which way to drive around it but it ended up being two big accidents on my two routes home (near the Kroger by my house). The one accident was a two-car crash at the light into the Kroger and then the other accident was at the intersection (just passed the Walgreens) where you enter into my neighborhood. That accident involved 4 cars and the driver who caused the accident (a 71-year old man) died. Apparently he swerved into oncoming traffic, hit one car, and then after the initial crash, hit two more cars and he wasn't wearing his seat belt. Witnesses say he was swerving so I wonder if he'd been under the influence. Sad.
My IEP meeting went well yesterday. The parents were happy which seemed to surprise them. They said at the end of the meeting that they were prepared to NOT sign the IEP. I really don't know why they were thinking this way since we've had no issues this year. It's not like they were looking for services that weren't reasonable or hadn't previously been on his IEP. Anyway, they signed and I reminded them that an IEP is a working document that can always be revisited by the team.
My tooth/bite was adjusted and it feels much better. The dentist wants to keep an eye on it, however, because there could be an issue with the tooth "moving down" which could then mean it's all effed up and I'd need to have it pulled and have an implant put in which would be tres expensive. The dentist didn't want to talk about it though...didn't want to jinx it.
Dinner tonight: Veggie beef soup. It's one of my faves! Really easy and delicious.
Today Jim will go to his doc appointment (blood work at 12:45 then he meets with his oncologist at 1:00) and afterward, I'd imagine he'll want to meet at Shooters. I could probably get on board with that. We don't have any plans for the weekend but it's going to be frigid again so I'd imagine we'll have some fires and just hang.
And that's all I've got...I had a lot to say! Time to get my exercise done so I can celebrate my day off with a mimosa! Happy Friday! Later!
UPDATE: Forgot to mention Mom. She had a bit of a better day yesterday but still has some confusion. I guess this is to be expected. They still need to complete a urinalysis but it seems possible/likely that she's got a UTI. She played cards yesterday with some of the other residents and is still liking the place. The crazy shit though is that they are talking about her release for 1/24. That's less than a week! I mean what the fuck is going on with these people!? They had okayed her for at least 18 days so why are we discussing this too soon!? Ugh! K - just wanted to update you all on that.

No comments:
Post a Comment