Something else that's awesome? I stumbled upon a new yoga channel on Youtube! There are a TON of yoga practices on Youtube but the majority of the teachers sort of suck. They either don't give good calls or transitions or they talk too much or their classes are too basic. I've found - now - three channels that I enjoy who offer a TON of different classes (which include different levels and flows). They are Cat Meffen, Yoga with Kassandra and now Two Birds Yoga. I like Cat because she can really challenge you but she does talk a lot. I like Kassandra because she has one of my go-to classes (all about sun salutations...great for Mondays) and she has a number of minimal cues classes. The Two Birds Yoga, which I did this morning, was nice because she gives good calls and transitions and provides a nice flow. There are a ton of flows too. I know most of you don't care about this but, I do.
Dinner tonight: Chicken fritters with roasted potatoes and probably green beans. Maggie made chicken fritters for me last week but they're really good and I know Jimmy will like them.
Jim just said to me with startled tone, "MUIR!?" Me: "What!?" Jim: "I turn 56 next week!" And then he said, "Getting old is getting old!" Sucky thing is that I have to work late next Thursday! Fucking blows. It's our Academic Fair combined with an hour or so of Parent/Teacher conferences. I've managed to avoid these nights so far this year but I think next week I might just have to suck it up. Ugh! I hate late nights at school. It's so stupid. A) I hardly ever have conferences and if I do, I don't want to meet with these people. B) Who's coming to see what courses my special ed department has to offer? No one! Can you say, waste of time?
Once again, the dummies that be at school are trying to mess with our bell schedule. Apparently there are jerk faces out there that are bent out of shape about our 41 minute classes. So now we have to go back to the drawing board to reshape the schedule to make our classes 45 minutes long. Yup, you got it, they're fucking around and causing mayhem for 4 minutes. I was so annoyed that I put together my own schedule option which makes a ton more sense than anything anyone else has put out. I'm sure it won't make the cut but you can't say I didn't do my part.
My car issue ended up being a blown fuse from the tire compressor I used. It's so stupid. The compressor requires a 12v thingy which is what my lighter thingy is and yet it blew. So Jim got the fuse replaced and I bought a wall plug converter plug thingy so I can still use my compressor.
Mom news: She's doing really well. She slept like a baby on her first night back at home. So much so that when Maggie got there after 8:00, she was still cuddled up in her bed with Dinah. She went to the doctor and things went well there as well. He extended her antibiotics so that she'll be on them for a 10 day stretch which will hopefully put her in the rights. She'll go back next month. And finally, she's eating pretty well. Maggie's gotten her a lot of options and last night was potato soup. Fingers crossed this progress continues.
Okay so that was an exciting post, huh? Best mosey. Happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment