Thursday, January 18, 2024

Reminiscent

This morning is very reminiscent of a time before Jim's surgery. Why? Because Jim is up and talking to me. Maybe he forgot the rules: Don't talk to Muir when she's blogging! And the thing he's talking to me about? There's a story on our local news about the police conducting a search warrant at the wrong place. Jim says to me, "Did you see this?" And I answered, "Yes!" And then he continued to tell me the whole story again! The other thing he did was to ask me a question (Do you now what RINO means?) and then when I gave him the answer, he didn't listen. AND!!! He keeps asking Alexa questions which he doesn't phrase right so then when she starts talking he'll interrupt her and try again. ARG!!! He was just spewing off about Nikki Haley and I had to interrupt him and say, "Honey...I just don't care." Sorry...I don't. I think he just likes to talk and I need to ignore him but sometimes it's hard to tune him out. 

I have an IEP today at 12:30. I'm hoping this doesn't take long but it's a new parent to me (freshman) and slightly needy. She's very nice and not a helicopter mom but she has a lot of concerns regarding her son and his mental health. I get it...but I don't want to talk about it for hours. Especially when we talked last week and already ironed out much of what needs discussing in the meeting. I did tell her via email earlier in the week when she told me she only wanted her son there for part of the meeting that the meeting shouldn't take long...hopefully she caught a clue. 

I have a dentists appointment today after school. I mentioned last week, I think, that my one tooth is annoying me and I'm hoping they can fix it. I think I just need a bite adjustment but we'll see. 

Dinner tonight will be leftovers. We've got just way too many things in the fridge that need eating and Jim isn't doing his part for lunch. Arg! 

Jim has his first cardiac rehab today. I'm hoping they can really help him with increasing his strength and energy. He's much better than he used to be before surgery but I have a feeling since I've gone to back to work that he's not being as active as he needs to. I've laid into him a bit for this but I can't do it for him. He needs to find his own motivation and will power. I'm hoping the rehab will be the kick in the ass he needs to get into gear. 

Fingers crossed that this time tomorrow I'm celebrating my first snow day of the year. I really hope these GD weather people have it right. If they're getting my hopes up only to have them dashed because once again Mother Nature fooled them, I might have to throw a major fit. 

Okay well, time to get a move on. Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments: