In other news, it's downright chilly this morning! Currently Alexa says it's 57 degrees! It certainly made staying in bed a cozy prospect, however, I sucked it up and got my lazy ass out of bed at 6:30. After watching a bit of the news and sipping coffee I did a little yoga - still needing to really stretch out my hips - ate breakfast, and after I post this I'll walk the babies. I think I'll take a bike ride but I might wait until it warms up a bit. In the meantime, I might just mow the backyard.
Other than that, I don't have any real plans today. I may hang in the sun, read my book and chill.
BTW - you won't care but I switched up my dinner last night. When I went to Costco yesterday, they had some good looking flank steak (they haven't had it at Kroger in ages) so I got a two-pack, froze one and marinated the other, surprising Jim with it for dinner. That means tonight I'll do the bratt/mett plan from yesterday.
Speaking of Costco man is it easy to spend an arm and a leg there. One of the main reasons I went was to stock up on wine. They have a good (cheap) pinto grigio so I got a case. Along with that, I got some pinot noir and some of Jim's Irish cream. I also got a big pack of pork chops, the steak, their packaged rotisserie chicken and some other needed staples (TP, dog treats, shampoo, Jim's granola bars). I managed to stay away from the clothing section because I'm sure that would have set me back even more money but it's shit I don't need. I did see a kayak I wanted but it was $300 and where am I going to use that? I'd take it to the PIB but who knows when that's going to happen.
Speaking of which, I'm completely JONSING to get up there. It's killing me! I feel like it's been years and really it's been less than a year. Fingers crossed things will be complete enough soon for us to get there.
Okay well, I need to get a move on and get these heathen dogs walked. Scout is getting antsy. Happy Tuesday! Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment