Friday, June 17, 2022

Switchin' Her Up A Bit

I decided to post before my walk today. Just switchin' things up...keeping you all on your toes. 

Well, it's Friday and I'll tell you my feet are looking forward to a bit of a break over the weekend. Of course I have to get through today first. My plans for the day, by the way are to A) walk the dogs B) mow the backyard and possibly C) take a bike ride on the trail, stopping for lunch at Little Miami Brewery. 

Plan C is still up in the air for a couple of reasons. The first being it's still a nasty muggy mess out there. Biking 10 miles and then going somewhere public while dripping sweat might not be something others will appreciate. However, I'm sure I won't be the only one there in that predicament so I'm still deciding. The other reason I might not do this is there are pop up thunderstorms arriving around the time I'd be out and about. However, those are mostly south in Kentucky so we'll see. 

Dinner tonight: I'll do the mahi mahi I had out for yesterday but put off (I made sausage patties instead yesterday with caprese salad and roasted potatoes). I'll probably do a fish and chips type meal. Something easy. 

Guess what my bad dogs did yesterday. If you guessed that they were perfect little angels who didn't roll in stink after having a bath the night before, you'd be wrong! Those little (literal) stinkers did it again. I mean, what is the attraction to stink!? UGH! The good part of this was they didn't get completely stanky and I was able to use my "doggy wash cloths" to destank them. Arg! We need rain to wash away the smell. Mowing the lawn will probably help too though. 

Oh boy, having a hot flash. It's gotten so bad lately. I used to have them only at night whenever I'd turn over in bed but lately it's been anywhere, anytime. And this heat ad humidity doesn't help. 

K - it's gone...wasn't that bad...didn't leave me a dripping mess like it usually does. 

Okay well, I'm going to wrap this up and head out before it gets too horrible out there. Who are we kidding though? Walking in this oppressive humidity is like swimming without the benefit of getting cooled off. Happy Friday! Ooh, Susan is supposed to go home today! Fingers crossed! K - later!

No comments: