Boo is a different story. Normally Jim is the Boo walker but like I mentioned it's only fair that I walk him when I'm on summer break and Jimmy works all day. And really it isn't that Boo is bad but he's a strange one. See, he loves to get out there and walk but he doesn't like to go for long stretches. He usually only enjoys going for up to a mile and sometimes he tries to turn around long before that. His issue is fear. He's so afraid of other dogs sneaking up on him. If I'm walking and accidentally kick a rock that skitters into his paw, he'll jump straight up (literally) in surprise and fear. God forbid we come across another dog walker on our route. In those cases, I usually try to stop and hide behind a tree until the other person passes. When we come across a dog in a yard behind an invisible fence, he starts to pull and get mouthy and seemingly wants to tear the other dogs head off.
For all of these reasons, I carry a squirt bottle when walking Boo. I'm sure when people see that they think I'm crazy. However, it helps to refocus his mind. I usually don't have to squirt him directly, just the pavement in front of him. It stops his behavior and that's great but it makes for a very stressful walk...for both of us, really. Added to that is the stress of coming upon a dog that's gotten loose, which has happened before. I mean, the only thing to do in that situation is pick Boo up and then I risk getting my own face torn off. That hasn't happened but he loses his mind a bit and I wouldn't put it past him to accidentally get my face caught in his teeth. Ugh. Like I said though, he only likes to walk a mile, tops and I know the right route to take with the least amount of triggers. Today was a good day. We came upon no dogs.
So, I've walked the dogs and after I post here I plan on taking a bike ride. It's been a while and the weather is FINE so heck yeah! After that I'll come home and clean house. I do need to get back into my yoga routine. It's been over a week and I can tell my hip flexors need some stretching. With having to take care of Reggie and the heat last week plus going to Maggie's I've fallen out of my routine. I'll pick it back up next week, hopefully. If I don't I risk my shoulders hurting again.
Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp tacos, slaw and probably a Mexican rice. I tried to fine Mexican street corn at the grocery yesterday but it was nowhere. Annoying. The recipe for the tacos calls for an avocado crema but I think I'll just do normal slaw dressing and then cut up some avocados to put on the tacos. I forgot to get Greek yogurt and don't feel like going to the store again today.
I'm really enjoying Stranger Things! Why did I NOT keep watching it after season 1? Jim came home from work yesterday while I was watching and got sucked in. It's too nice a day to sit inside and keep watching it (I'll be laying out instead) but I'll watch more this evening.
Okay well, time to get my bike ride in. Happy Thursday! Later! j
Oh! Happy Anniversary to Jimmy and me! Totally forgot! Twenty-one years and the sham continues! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment