Well, Jim talked to the surgeon yesterday and she wants him to keep his drain in for another 2 weeks. UGH! Which means he can't go back to work. Which is fine...it's not that we're hurting financially, but I just want him to return to normal. On a positive note, he's feeling fine. He's having no symptoms to indicate that there is a problem...I think they're just being cautious and allowing the possible perforation to heal. He will go in on Monday to get another CT done and this one with contrast to better see what's what. I should talk to the surgeon today - she called me twice yesterday but I missed her calls because Jim's a dummy and didn't tell me she was going to call and so I didn't have my phone on me. ARG!
In school news, I had a student ask me what most likely was the stupidest question to ever be asked of me in my 22 years of teaching. We were talking about last names (because we were talking about Francis Bacon who is called the father of the scientific method and one of my kids said his last name was weird, to which I answered, "Like you have any room to talk (first and last name student!) and then one of my kids raised his hand and said, "What's your last name Mrs. Hanke?" And he wasn't kidding! It was unbelievable. When I sent that story to Jim in a text yesterday he replied with, "You're a really good teacher." Asshole!BTW - IT'S FRIDAY!!! I'm so happy. Also, IT'S THE PREMIER OF GBBO SEASON 9!!! I'm so happy! I watched the first half on the elliptical this morning and will watch the rest tonight. I love it already and already have my guesses on who is going to win and I already have favorites. I just love that show! There's also a new episode of Ted Lasso and The Morning Show! YAY!
The weekend will be a little busy. Jim and I need to get the seed spread in the side yard and over the drain on Saturday. That night we have a birthday party to go to that his brother is having for his sister. Other than that, we'll just be hanging at home. We'll probably get to Shooter's on Sunday early before the game.
Speaking of Jim and Fritz they went out to dinner last night at Grand Finale and when I got up this morning I thought I wonder if Jim brought home my favorite dessert. Guess what? He did! Keylime cheesecake is awaiting for me to snack on over the next few day in the fridge! I'll share with Jimmy since he was so sweet to bring it home. Yummy!
Ooh, dinner tonight is a chicken tuscan soup and grilled cheese! It's that time of year where soup and grilled cheese are a perfect Friday night meal. Yum!
K - I'm out. Need to get to work and figure out what to do in history class today. I'm thinking...a movie! Happy Friday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment