Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Crazy In Treatment

Well that was anticlimactic. Court yesterday went as expected: She took the diversion deal and will have to be in therapy for a year and follow the rules in terms of contact with school officials (she has one point person only and can't contact anyone but him; has to get permission to attend any school function on campus - board meetings etc.). I don't see her making it the full year but maybe the therapy she's being forced to attend and the medication will do its job. We'll see. The good thing is that A) I don't have her son in class anymore and B) he should finish his needed credits and be able to take his diploma in December. After than, he'll only attend the career center for his lab. Hopefully she can hold off until then and maybe it will help that her son is 18 and already talking about getting the eff out from under her thumb. Who knows? Not my problem. 

I will say that she was certainly triggered seeing all the witnesses against her in one group while she sat alone on the left side where defendants had to be. There were 7 of there and though we weren't allowed to be in the court room while the proceedings were going on, she had to stare at the bunch of us as we approached the scheduled trial time. Once we had left the courtroom and the negotiations started, her lawyer came out to talk to the prosecutor and said things needed to hurry along because her meds were definitely wearing off. On the one hand, I feel bad for her because she can't help her mental illness but on the other hand, she knows what needs to be done to help herself. However, crazy isn't rational. I just hope she gets the help she needs and sticks with it. Unlikely. 

So once everything was done, around noon, I left and met Jim at Shooters for lunch. Afterwards, I came home and had a lovely walk with Scoutie in the rain. From there, dinner a little Wheel and then bed. I slept like a baby and only woke up around 10:00 to go to the bathroom. 

Jim didn't get his drain removed yesterday but it is scheduled to be done Wednesday. He has to get a CT scan with it and contrast to ensure there isn't a leak (remember the air bubbles that were there before). I don't forsee any issues there but as it always seems to go with Jim, you never know. 

Jim meets with his oncologist this morning and he just came downstairs. After that, he'll have jobs. 

So happy about all the rain we're getting. We were in dire need of rain, espeically with all the grass seed we laid and all that we still need to spread. Hopefully this weekend we'll get all the see and dirt spread and we'll get some good growth before the leaves really start falling. Fingers crossed. 

And that's all I've got. Time to get a move on and head to work. Should be a normal week from here on out. Dinner tonight: maybe leftovers because we have a ton. 

K - happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: