Friday, September 03, 2021

Bits & Pieces

Every time I hear/think of that phrase (bits & pieces) I think of Joan Jett's song, "Bits and pieces". Apparently The Dave Clark Five also sang it but I'm not that old...sorry...well, I'm not sorry that I'm not that old, I'm sorry if I offend. 

Anyway, here are the bits and pieces to talk about today: 

  • I'm so excited because The Great British Bake Off is soon back on! Paul Hollywood has been posting about it on Instagram and I. Can't. Wait!!! I love it so much it makes me so happy! 
  • I'm also so excited because season 3 of Sex Education will be released on September 17th! I love this series and can't wait for it to return! 
  • This morning Jim got up with me which was a nice change. I got up at 4:00 and he was downstairs because of his hip and then as I was feeding the dog and waiting for my coffee to do its work (prior to getting on the elliptical), he started making his coffee. I said, "Why are you staying up?" He said, "I have a dermatology appointment this morning...might as well." So I said, "You want breakfast!?" He said he did. So, as I was making breakfast (after my exercise and shower) I cracked my egg and it was a double yolk. I said, "HEY!!! A double yolk!" And Jim said, "You're going to have such a good day!" Isn't that a lovely way to look at it!? I was just happy to see a double yolk. Now, lets hope that prophecy works out. 
  • There was a news piece this morning on "Way Too Early" that they're auctioning off some of Michael Jordan's clothes...previously worn clothes...including...his underwear! What? That's gross! You know someone is going to pay a shit load of money for them (no pun intended...well maybe by happenstance a little pun intended) and then frame his skivvies. People are weird.
  • I have a 7:05 meeting today out of the blue that my principal unexpectedly called. Pretty sure it has to do with all our positive Covid cases that are happening. We had another 4 yesterday. Ugh! The kids are all like, "Are they going to close school?"  And it's kind of fun to dash their hopes and say, "No...don't get excited...it's not going to happen." One of my girls said, "Well, that's what my sister said." And I said (in my head), "Oh, you mean your sister who doesn't go here? In fact dropped out? That sister? The sister who has no freakin' clue what she's talking about? Her?" 
  • Texas is a fucking shit show. I'm so sick of any person thinking they have the right to make a decision about a woman's body! All those men out there who have fathered more kids than they actually take care of, lets castrate them. Lets make it a law that if you don't pay child support, for example, we have a right to give them a vasectomy or better yet make them a eunuch. Seems reasonable, right?
Well, I best get a move on because as I've said, I have a 7:05 meeting and don't want to be late. Apparently there are some teachers coming in late and so a blanket email was sent (because my admin is a pussy and can't approach people and talk to them face to face) to reprimand "us" for this. It's not me...I'm there by 6:45 every day, latest. But just put your big boy pants on (or pull the ones you've got on up...that was mean) and be the leader that you pretend to be and have a professional discussion with the guilty parties. 

K - happy Friday...YAY for a 3-day weekend. Later!

No comments: