I got an email from a parent last night. Actually, let me restate that: A parent emailed me last night and I got it this morning. Lots of funny stupid shit to touch on here but the funniest stupidest was that he started his email with, "Hello...sorry to bother you in the evening..." When I looked at the time stamp for when the email was sent, it said 8:25 and I laughed out loud. Why? Because that dude is so stupid to think that I was A) still checking school emails and B) still awake! Parents be stupid!
Onto the email. It said:
He never got word from the government teacher (he said he looked everywhere) for what the test was going to be on tomorrow...what chapters...he even reached out to three friends and they also didn't know...so he is trying to study a broad range of things..but this is not ideal for him.
I wanted to ask that we allow him the extra time he needs for both of these tests...He is afraid he will not get it in Math, where he really feels he needs it...I think he should have it in ALL of the tests to give him the best chance at success per his IEP.He said he was going to contact you in the morning during the first bell, but I just wanted to make sure I chimed in, as he really is here working hard to get everything caught up and study for these tests.
Plans this weekend: We'll be celebrating Jimmy's bday Saturday by going to Walt's Hitching Post! Haven't been there in a while! I'm excited. That's it for plans. I'm sure we'll hit Shooters at some point as well. And maybe watch a bit of the Superbowl Sunday. And hunker down and try to stay warm.
K - I'd best get a move on. Happy FRIDAY!!! Stay healthy, safe, warm and masked. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment