Monday, February 08, 2021

On An Upswing

Another Monday another weekend gone and it's still cold as shit and only going to get colder this week. Oh a happy note, we're supposed to get snow overnight so I'm crossing my fingers for a snow day. Only 1-3 inches but you never know. Fingers crossed. 

Oh, can I get a WOOT WOOT for Jimmy who turns 53 today! Happy birthday!!!

Originally, as I mentioned, Jim and I were going to go out to dinner Saturday night (Walt's) but we found out Friday afternoon that Jim has pneumonia. We figured it'd be best to hunker down and take it easy. So, instead, we got a couple nice steaks and I made a lovely meal. We played some Skip-bo and watched some Bridgerton and Jim was in bed by about 8:00. I stayed up a little later but was probably still asleep by 9:00. We went to Shooter's on Sunday for lunch and a little Megatouch and then had dinner and watched the first half of the Superbowl. 

So yeah, Jim has pneumonia but immediately started feeling better once the antibiotics kicked in. He's on them for 10 days and while he's taking them, he's off his cancer meds. His coughing has settled down significantly and he hasn't had a fever since Friday. He gets his scan on Thursday, has his dermatology appointment Friday and then his follow up appointment with the doc is the 16th. I'm still nervous about it but feel a little better knowing that most of what was going on was most likely the pneumonia. We'll see. 

Poor Jimmy has to work all the way up past Dayton for the next three days (near Vandalia). I hate that he has to drive all the way up there but at least it's just through Wednesday and he'll get some travel money too. 

And that's all I've got. Should be a relatively easy week. I have an IEP on Tuesday but it's a Zoom meeting so regardless of a snow day or not, I'll still be able to have the meeting. 

K - best get a move on. Happy Monday! Here's to a quick week! Later!

No comments: