Monday, December 15, 2014

Recovered

I spent yesterday on the couch...recovering...from an all day hangover. UGH!  Actually, let me correct that - I felt pretty fine when I woke up yesterday.  I did my normal stuff: made breakfast, walked Sami.  But then when I went to do some quilting, I just didn't have it in me. I quite felt like ass: swimming head, slightly nauseous and I think I may have still been tipsy. I abandoned my sewing plan and instead, did some serious work (laying about) on the couch. Around noon, I roped Jim into going out and getting me a Big Boy and some Coke. Grease and sugar are definite musts when getting over a hangover. I then spent the whole day - from about 10:00 AM until 7:00 PM on the couch. I did manage to shower and heat up some leftovers and last night I slept like a baby rock!

The weird thing about my hangover was, I never really felt that "drunk" on Saturday at Terri's annual party...until it hit me of course. In fact, we were home by 11:00 but I did mix wines (some red, some white) and I drank a beer. It's never good for me to mix wines. Well, I had fun anyway and now I'm ready to get my week complete.

Speaking of school - can I just say that I really like my new principal!?  Well, first, let me backtrack. This week is exam week.  Actually it starts tomorrow with a wonky regular day schedule and then 7th period exam at the end of the day.  After that, Wednesday - Friday are solid exam days. We start at 7:25 and the kids have two scheduled exams until 12:30ish when the kids can go home (if they have a ride, otherwise they take the bus). That leaves about 2 hours for kids to deal with make-ups if they need to and teachers can grade. Basically, for me, it's 2 hours of trying to fill my time with work thus being productive. (What it ends up as is me and my ladies messing around, playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or some such shit and generally wasting time...makes for a LONG week.)

Anyway - my principal sent out his "weekly edict" last night and in it he stated that he lets his teachers leave an hour or so early and "work from home". Can I get a woot!? Now, he asked, of course, that we stay Thursday because we're having our annual luncheon provided by the administration at 12:30 and Friday I'm taking a 1/2 day to go to Maggie's but I still say WOOT! Gives me extra time to go to Costco, shop for X-mas Eve and complete my quilt! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!

Lets see - my quilt: I actually did make some headway on it.  I layered it on Saturday so it's all ready to quilt which should only take me a couple hours. I hope to finish the whole thing by end of the week! Regardless of if I do, however, I know I'll finish it which I'm really very proud of.  I didn't waffle and I'm going to complete something as planned!

Okay - so that's all I've got.  Best get a move on as I'm not quite sure what I'm doing today.  Just practice exam stuff I guess. So ready for this week to be over.

K - Happy Monday! Later!

No comments: