It's a "normal" day today in that we have all classes until the end when we will have 7th period exam. Classes, however, are about a 1/2 hour long and really, pointless. I have quizzed these kids enough on their LA exam and at this point if they aren't ready, well, they never will be. So, with that, I'll be showing a little relaxing Christmas special - Prep and Landing in my LA classes. That should just about cover the 30 minutes and keep the kids from driving me nuts!
News from yesterday: I did most of my major grocery shop for Christmas Eve. I'll go on Monday or Tuesday to get the salad stuff and wine and beer. I managed to forget a couple of things, however and will of course have to go back to Kroger today - my second home. I managed to do some quilting as well and am well on my way to finishing. I will work on it today when I get home from school and I expect I could probably finish the quilting part before dinner. Woot!
Lets see...what else...oh - I saw my neighbor in the grocery (Jane). She lives next door to the house that was abandoned and turned into a dump by the whack-a-doos that had been living there. Apparently the woman who had bought it in 2008, sold it this summer to a company that flips houses. So...that company is currently completely rehabbing the whole place and will hopefully put it on the market here soon. They've been working on it A TON...I can't imagine it isn't near completion. From what I could tell, the stripped it down to the studs. I've seen new carpet go in, all walls have been painted and they did some foundation work I think because of the jack-hammering I heard last week. I look forward to that house being occupied. I hope they get someone good...it's a cute house.
And that's about all I've got. It's raining here...dreary out and looks to remain that way all day. That's okay. Happy Tuesday! 4 more days...well, 3 1/2 since I'll be cutting out early on Friday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment