Thursday, December 18, 2014

Mission Accomplished

I went out yesterday to finish up shopping, get needed gift wrapping materials, do a quick (and hopefully painless) shop at Costco and find extra dishes for Christmas Eve. All of my endeavours were...wait for it...SUCCESSFUL!!!  I'm happy to say Barnes and Noble had all the books I wanted to get for Eva (I got Ferdinand the Bull, Gaston and Pigeon Needs a Bath).  I read them all and Eva is going to LOVE them!  Especially Gaston! It's a great book...about a bulldog named - duh - Gaston. He has three sisters named Fifi, Foo Foo and Ooh-la-la. I highly recommend it and give it 5 Stars. Ferdinand is a classic and great too. Not to dis Pigeon...it's funny! Anyway - I'm happy to report as well that I managed to find cute, hard plastic dinner plates and salad plates for Christmas Eve dinner that didn't break the bank. AND! Costco was quick and easy with the exception of exiting the parking lot. It seemed like a mass exodus with everyone in my row trying to back out at the same time and about 10 cars vying for the spaces.  Annoying.

I came home, walked Sami and finished the quilting part of Susan's quilt.  I will start binding edges today. I also wrapped 1 gift.  Jim's giant gift. Exciting. And then I made BLTs for dinner.  I needed to do something quick since I had all that stuff to do and Jim wanted DINNER ON THE TABLE WHEN HE GOT HOME!!!  He's so demanding! See, he had his PET scan and MRI yesterday. Have I mentioned this? Well, he had genetic testing which showed he has a higher likelihood to get cancer or whatever and so the doc wanted to rule out that nothing was going on with his brain. (We all know there isn't...I didn't need a medical test to tell me that! Oh God...I'm so funny...I'll be here all week!) Just kidding. Anyway - results should take a couple days. Crossed fingers!

So today is the luncheon that the administration do for the teachers. They also get us a gift. Nothing major but usually very nice.  We got a sweet, giant umbrella one year; a nice fleece Kings sweatshirt another; a gym bag...I can't remember anything else but I always appreciate and enjoy the thought. Today Noodles and Company will be served. I've never had that. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Exams today: the first is during my planning bell so I have nothing to do although I'll help Lisa if she needs anything read to anyone because she has a study hall during my planning in our room. Then I'll give my 4th period LA exam during the latter half of the day. The kids should be done within a 1/2 hour or so and then we'll watch It's a Wonderful Life.

And that's all I've got. I'm not in any big hurry to get to work but I might as well get a move on. Happy Thursday! So happy I have a 1/2 day tomorrow! Can't wait to see Eva! Wish I had gotten to see her in her Christmas Pageant! She was so cute and she did so well! K - Later!

P.S. I got new deodorant - a new scent (blue fig and orange blossom) and I keep smelling it and wondering, "What is that smell!?" And then I realize it's me. It's nice but different and somewhat perfumy. Oh well!

No comments: