Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cough Cough...

Called in "sick" today.  I figured it was a good day to do it since I've finished all my "teaching" before exams.  Kids will be able to do seat work and it's an early release schedule today so the sub shouldn't have too much of a hard time. I'll stay home (with one quick errand in there) and work until my fingers bleed on Susan's quilt. I have high hopes with what I can get done: I'm hoping to get the whole top DONE - cut, pieced and sewn together - as well as doing the layers. This is a lofty goal but I think I can, I think I can. The only issue will be my back starting to hurt and Jim bothering me. I've already told Jim that he needs to stay out of my way and he said, "Looks like a good day to clean the garage!" Hee hee.

What else? Nada. I freaked out a little bit about Jim and his lack of work lately but I'm over it now.  I told Jim he can expect a little freak out every now and then until he starts working again and he seemed to understand that.

Glad I don't live in South Africa.  Looks like they don't have a "Double Jeopardy" rule.  The prosecutors in the Oscar Pistorias' case are trying to get the conviction - lack thereof - appealed. Sucks for him.

And that's all I've got.  Exciting, huh? I need to eat breakfast and start my quilting.  Later...happy Humpday!


No comments: