Thursday, April 30, 2026

Now That's An Ass-Kicking

Yowza! We got stomped by the Rockies last night. 13-2...ugh! We're still in first...by a 1/2 game. Hopefully, we can pull out a series win this afternoon. You can't win them all...at least in baseball. 

This time tomorrow, I'm hoping that we'll be either in the car or getting in the car. My plan is to get up at my usual time to shower, finish loading, the car, get the dogs a little walk and then hit the road. The weather looks pretty good, at least for Saturday and Sunday although it will be chilly. I'm fine with that as long as the wind stays low, which it should be. No risk of the ferries not running. This will be a short trip (we'll hopefully be home by 2ish on Sunday) but at least we'll get the house open. 

I got a text from Allen yesterday saying that Aunt Muir is going home today from rehab. He asked that I cancel her time up there for May. He said he was hoping to get her up there but she's just not ready. I'd imagine she's pretty weak and should certainly NOT be away from home on an island where there's no real medical care. She certainly shouldn't be going upstairs to her room anymore. IMO.

Mom was really struggling yesterday. On my way home from work yesterday Maggie told me she'd been pretty confused all day...calling Trip about her meds and saying how she wouldn't be able to "watch the girls today" (whoever they are). Around dinnertime, Maggie called to say she was even more confused and she was probably going to call me. In fact, as she said those words, my other line rang. She kept talking about Richard and I had to remind her that he passed. She kept saying, "Why didn't anyone tell me!" I just kept saying that we had and she was confused and having an off day. I tried to assure her over and over that it was okay and that she'd wake up tomorrow and hopefully be clearer. Eventually she said she was going to call Maggie again. After having a similar conversation with Maggie, she eventually called my cousin Tom, I think . I didn't hear any more after that. 

The interesting thing that Maggie brought up is that when she's in this state, she never has a hard time finding words. Although she's confused, she speaks clearly. I think it's because she's living in the past...remember and talking about people that are no longer in her present life. Similarly, when she tells a story about her mother or daddy, she is so fluid. It's so interesting. 

Dinner: Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm thinking either take-out or going out for a quick bite. I need to pack, load the car and I don't want to make anything that will have leftovers. Maybe Mexican. We'll see. 

Jim's talking to me about shit I don't care about. He knows I don't listen to the TV while I'm posting but he acts like I'm fully invested like him. He's still rambling on...I'm barely listening. 

Update on my spa: Darek came and fixed the "blistering". Well, he did what he had to do to release the air which was causing it but it will take a few months for the bubbles to go down. It's nothing you'd even notice if you saw it. I didn't. I had him look at the #3 jet pump and guess what? Busted. He said it was in pieces. WTF?! Of course it broke! I can still use the spa, however and I don't have to drain the tub or anything for the fix. It's just annoying. 

Jim just tore the daily calendar page and said, "DAMMIT!!! MY DADDY DIED ON THIS DAY!!! DAMN YOU DADDY! WHY YOU DIE!?" I know that sounds flippant but if you can't laugh...He'd be 100 if he were still alive. Wow, he was only 69 when he died. Too young. 

Okay. I'd best mosey. It's my Friday today and I won't have to be back at work until next Tuesday! Woot! I won't be posting tomorrow so I'll see you a little later than usual on Monday. Happy weekend. Later!

No comments: