Monday, April 20, 2026

How 'Bout Them Reds!!!

Much of my weekend was spent watching the Reds and I chose a good one to hunker down with some baseball! We're currently in first place and we swept the Twins. Bam! Lets hope we can hold on to it. I believe! 

So yeah, my weekend was pretty chill but I did all I set out to do. Jim worked on his friends house Saturday so it was left to me to clean the house. I also went to Aldi and got the hot tub right. I think. The pH was still a bit high last night so I'm trying to get that right but it's almost there. I did manage to get in after dinner and was so happy. I look forward to a nice swim tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back on my Tuesday/Thursday swim routine again. 

Jim got up with me this morning and was out the door by 5:15. He's working some job in Mason and they're bringing people in tomorrow for training so he needs to get shit done. He said he'd probably be putting a couple 10 hour days in but hopefully, starting so early, he'll still get home by 5ish. 

My day should be pretty chill. No meetings but I'm sure there's some make-up testing for some kids. I don't think I'm proctoring today but who knows. I haven't looked at the schedule. 

Friday Greg wasn't at school and, I have to say, it was lovely. I'm expecting him back today. We'll see how that goes. He's usually good for me in class it's when he's out and about that he acts like a fuckwit. (My new fave word it seems.) 

Oh, get this: The whole principal saga? I guess the superintendent reprimanded our special ed coordinator (formerly/still known as FW). She's the cousin of the guidance counselor who had the incident with the principal and she was written up for "spreading rumors" to others in the district. Uh, they weren't rumors; they were facts. And I'm guessing SI is trying to save face and pass the buck for the total fuck up that he's responsible in hiring that asshat in the first place. The interesting thing is that when the SI met with the counselor to discuss matter, he told her specifically that he wasn't "trying to silence her". That's a weird comment to make. I'm telling you, if that had happened to me, I'd have sung loud and long about what the fuck had happened so that - exactly what happened would happen: The powers that be would be forced to make things right. I guess the SI is pissed that his hand was forced. Well, if you hadn't fucked up so badly, we wouldn't be in this position. As my favorite principal said to me one time: If you don't have a reprimand in your file, you aren't living. 

I haven't decided if I'm cooking or not tonight. I have a creamy rigatoni pasta with a boursin sauce but I have a ton of leftovers so might just do that and save the pasta for Tuesday. I'll see what Jim wants to do and how late he'll be. I made curry chicken salad Saturday and Irish pub sandwiches last night, which made a TON and I should probably freeze some. 

Anyway - I guess I'd best get a move on. Happy Monday! Here's to a fast week. Later!


No comments: