School is annoying. So remember I had Stupid Baby's IEP earlier in the week? During the meeting, the gen ed teacher (Algebra) gave her spiel. She didn't have many negatives to share. She spoke of his abilities (he's pretty good at math) and that a lot of the time, his lack of focus was because he comes to her directly after lunch which is tough for a lot of kids. She didn't speak of his noncompliance or lateness. It was pretty tame which surprised me since she's never said "yes" at the end of the week for his reward.
Fast forward to yesterday: I get an email from her, which also included the VP saying that she's "at a loss as to what to do with him anymore." She went on to say, "He refuses to work and is becoming increasingly disrespectful." Increasingly? She sat in the meeting when I showed a graph displaying 0 referrals for disrespect and said nothing. She didn't mention him ever being disrespectful. It's so annoying. That as the time to talk about his behavior...with mom and SB sitting right there. You can say those things in a manner that isn't asinine if that's what you're worried about. Or tell me and I'll take care of it. If I were the mom, when I got the email that the gen ed teacher was going to send about his sudden behavior, I'd be so confused. I mean, WTF? People are stupid.
The rain is finally on the way out. I managed to get the boys a small walk yesterday. It was drizzling but we didn't care. By the time I get home today, it should be out of here and I'll get them both a good walk.
I'm on the last bit of my leftovers which I'll have tonight. I'll be happy to cook Friday. I think I'll make a chicken with Boursin but I'll ask Jim what he wants. I'm so ready to make a soup. Maggie mentioned beef barley yesterday so I think this weekend I'll make that. It's one of my faves and scrumptious.
So excited for tomorrow...it being Friday. I really don't care about Halloween but I am happy for the kids that for once it won't be raining. It's nice for Jim too since he's in charge of passing out candy.
Okay best mosey. Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment