Speaking of cozy, when I got up this morning and got all my initial stuff done (made my coffee, took my vitamins, drank my Metamucil, let the dogs out, ran outside to yell at them and shine a light in their eyes because they were barking at some unknown critter, fed the dogs) I sat down to play Wordle and watch the news. Suddenly, I realized that, WTF, my boys were nowhere to be found. They'd ditched me to go back upstairs to cuddle with Jimmy. That never happens! They always hang with me! Realizing this, I ran upstairs and saw how cozy they were. As a result, I skipped my elliptical Friday routine and hopped back in bed with my three boys. As Jim and I talked (we didn't see each other yesterday because Jim didn't get home until almost 9:30) guess what happened next! Boo and Scout skedaddled for their cozy pillows. I mean, do I smell?! (Probably) Rude.
Yesterday was a day! And not just for me but also for Maggie and Mom. Currently Mom is in the hospital. She went to the doctor because she wasn't feeling well and during her appointment, they did an EKG and found she was in afib. She then went to the emergency room and they were able to regulate with meds. At first they were going to release her but then decided to admit her for observation. I have a sneaky feeling this is more than afib and think it sound suspiciously like what she dealt with a couple years ago when she had a UTI. They did a urine culture but when I talked to Maggie last, the results hadn't been returned. We'll see. Hopefully this will all turn itself around and Mom will get back home soon.
My shitty day yesterday doesn't really matter. It was just a lot of typical stupid kids shit, pissing me off and getting called out for it. I may have overreacted with one of my kids and I will apologize to him today (Greg). He was having a rough day; I was having a rough day and that didn't bode well for anyone. Clean slate today and hopefully things will be better.
I have my IEP meeting for Stupid Baby today. Pretty sure it should go smoothly but you never know. It's an ETR/IEP meeting (ETR is the three-year reeval that we have to do) which means it's going to be a longer meeting. If you know me, I hate meetings and I hate when people prattle on but there's no help for that today. I'm anticipating that I'll miss lunch with my ladies and most of my plan period. I'll have to nibble something beforehand or my stomach will make a huge racket. Although, maybe that will move the meeting on a little faster if they feel sorry for me. Hmm...
I dreamt of Dad last night. We were in the old Raeburn house, pre-Cullen rehab. Dad was searching for something in the kitchen cabinets and I said, "Dad, what are you looking for." Apparently he was searching for something to do with a nurse at Good Sam. I asked him what it was but he couldn't remember. Then he said, "She used to write awful, inappropriate notes in patients charts." I said, "Maybe that's what you're looking for. So you can straighten her out." He said, "I think it is." I remember in my dream he was wearing his old robe (from when I was a kid) and his multicolored slippers (that I once got spanked with). Funny. Wonder what made me dream that.
Dinner: I was going to make dinner tonight (coq au vin meatballs) but I think that's going to be too much on a Friday night. I have a gift card for LaRoas's so I think we'll just get pizza and I'll make a salad for myself.
Today should be easy. Kids in ELA will fill out their character chart for the characters introduced in the last HP chapter then watch a movie. History kids have a test.
No real weekend plans except Jim and I talked about going to Tony's for dinner tomorrow. We'll see. I may want to just chill at home in front of a fire. We'll see.
K - best mosey. Happy Friday! Happy weekend. Later

No comments:
Post a Comment