Thursday, October 09, 2025

Conundrum

First, safe travels to the Arbaughs who are headed to Myrtle Beach today for fall break. Have fun! Be careful! 

This is mine, Jim's is blacks, whites and grays
So, as I've started preparing for our trip to the Bahamas, I've run into a bit of a conundrum. See, I don't want to check any bags. I just want to get a couple of carry-ons that will fit all our stuff. This means that all our toiletries will have to go into regulation containers. I bought us each cute little case which should do us just fine. Here's the issue: What about sunblock? We're obviously not going to be able to pack a big old can of spray on so it'll have to either be a lotion sunblock or I could get a spray and fill the 4 little bottles that came with our little case. But will that be enough sunblock? I'm not so worried about me as I am Jim. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye. These resorts should really have little stores where we can buy.

I made a new recipe last night (garlic parmesan chicken meatloaf) and it was delicious! Pretty simple but flavorful. I added a sauce on the top just for a little extra mmph. I'll definitely make that again. In fact it would be a great freezer meal. It had an optional addition of mozzarella cheese but I didn't do that because who needs extra cheese when they've got to get into bikinis in a couple months in front of a whole resort of people. 

I got an email yesterday from one of the "instructional coaches" at school. (This is one of the positions that is a bunch of shit at school. No one knows what she does except apparently create stupid ass PD days that are irrelevant to many.) It was pertaining to our PD day on October 17th. Once again, because Special Ed is always an afterthought, they're just sticking me with the English department. Guaranteed the shit they're talking about is completely immaterial to me. I teach resource ELA! I'm not interested nor is it appropriate for my kids to use the latest newfangled bullshit out there. Their paying some douchebag from the "Ohio Writing Project" to teach us to teach our kids about "elaboration skills". My kids can barely write a sentence. Fuck you! Thank the baby Jesus I'll be out that day. 

Here's the thing, this is the type of shit that pisses me off. They create these PD days (and by "they" I mean people who aren't in the classroom and don't work with kids everyday) as though they know what the fuck we do. The fact that I'm an afterthought just really hacks me off! I have a TON of IEP shit I could be doing during that time but do they think to ask what I might need? Nope.

Oh, and on November 20th, there's another PD day for Special Ed. And this during a school day which means paying for subs, having to make plans and oh!!! It's with our district lawyer who costs hundreds of dollars an hour. When the email came out telling us about that it read, "Let me know what you want her to talk about." WHAT!??!! There's not even a real reason she's coming to talk? There's not some crazy new laws that she has to go over? Fucking waste of time and money.

Dinner tonight: I'm doing cubed steaks in the Instant Pot. It's been a while and they are delicious. 

K - I'm out. Later!

No comments: