Thursday, May 23, 2024

Here We Are!

Last day of school (for students). So happy to be here! We have the final exam today at 7:15 and then done! No more kids! I should only have 5 kids during this time taking their Government exam and I'm sure they'll crank it out within 30 minutes. I think exams are stupid but I'm required to give one so I make it as easy as possible. Of course there's always one student who fails it and this year isn't any different. From my 4th period Government class, one student who went into the exam with a 4% in class...maybe? He got a 13% on the exam. I'm actually surprised he scored that high. He ended the semester with a 6%. Shoot for the stars, son! 

After the kids take off for the day, I will be left to finish up my paperwork. All my progress reports are done and the email drafts are ready, I just need to {swoosh} send them off! Yesterday I emailed all my incoming freshman parents, so that's done. I'll finish up putting my grades in and then clean up my room a bit. Other than that, I really have nothing to do. 

Yesterday after coming home from school, exercising and walking Scout (only a mile because it was HOT and he was struggling) I started polyurethaning the new Adirondack chairs I got for the Bay. They're nice. I'm glad I put them together before hand and once that was done, it was kind of necessary they were shellacked before using because in putting them together I got a couple splinters. No one wants a splinter in their butt. 

Speaking of furniture for the seawall, Jim had a good idea. He said, we should attach a chain (or a coated chain like you use for dog ties) to the wall and then have clamps or hooks to attach those to the furniture. That way the wind and/or storms couldn't wash them out into the lake. 

Things in the Hanke household are good. Jim and I keep talking about everything. I think Jim is still processing what happened (as am I really). It's good he's talking and facing things. We just need to keep up the open communication and get him into see someone about strategies for processing everything. 

Dinner tonight: I'd planned burritos because last night I ended up doing Skyline. 

BTW - Nikki Haley? What an ass. If she ever had hopes of being president, in my eyes, backing that fucking tool trump suddenly? She just flushed her prospects down the turdlit. Why do politicians continue to kowtow to a small group rather than doing what's right for the country they claim to love? 

I finished a good book last night, the first in a series called The Maid by Nita Prose. It was cute and an easy read. It's a mystery/thriller with, I'm pretty sure, a maid on the spectrum, who works in a swanky NYC hotel. She stumbles upon a dead guest and is then wrapped up in the investigation. I give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5. 

And that's about all I've got. I'm not in a hurry to get to work and just sit there but I guess I'll hit the road anyway. Happy Thursday! Happy last day of school. I'll be a little later posting tomorrow because I'm sleeping in until 5:00 since I don't need to be at school until 8:00ish. K - later!

No comments: