Monday, May 06, 2024

14 Days!

With kids at least and truthfully I don't count exam week. I'm hoping that in three weeks I'll actually be up at the Bay! 

The weekend was good. I finally got all my flowers bought and planted. I tried to keep it easy this year but still pretty. I wasn't planning on planting yesterday because I thought the rain would interfere but it never rained. 

We went to visit Dad on Saturday and the though the place is a hike to get to, it's nice and Dad seems content. He's getting stronger and has really good spirits. He was joking around and being funny which is always nice to hear. I don't know what the plans are for him and how long he'll be there but there is progress. 

I have my final 2 IEPs this week. The one is for the kid, a sophomore from Uzbekistan who just qualified for services. I'm still a little annoyed that she did but whatever. It's always fun to write an IEP for someone you've never laid eyes on. The other IEP is for one of my freshmen who is in a mix of my classes and MD. His grandmother has custody and mom's a bit of a tool. Earlier in the year (I probably wrote about it) mom tried to push shit with me when she had no leg to stand on and demanded a meeting with me. I complied and then of course she cancelled. When I scheduled the IEP with grandma, she asked that the meeting be held on a Thursday so the mother could attend. This meant that some of my team members, employed by the county and not in my building every day, had to shuffle shit around. Last week grandma emailed and asked if the meeting could be moved because the mother has an appointment. Nope. Sorry. In the end, grandma said the mother would reschedule the appointment. We'll see if she shows. I won't hold my breath. 

Dinner tonight: I think I'll do a Chicken parmesan pie with a salad. Something easy. 

I'm having issues with my right big toe. It's so painful and I don't know what I did to it but man is it a killer. I don't know if it's a bunion thing or what. If it's not my hips, it's my eye or my knee or my shoulders. Getting old sucks. 

Loveland high school is closed today because one of their math teachers had an aneurysm over the weekend and died. He was 50! So sad. 

Okay well, I'd best get a move on. Happy Monday! Later!

No comments: