Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Tuesday Surprise!

There's a little system to the south that moved in over the last couple hours and it ended up shifting a little north so that the southern counties of Cincy got a nice little dusting. As a result: 2-HOUR DELAY!!! Woot! 

I actually woke up and saw my street and thought They better call a delay because I'm not driving in ice! (Sleet fell first overnight and now has a dusting of snow on top.) I ended up going through my normal routine (coffee, news, dog cuddling, yoga) but before my shower, I grabbed the phone because I saw that nearby schools were calling for delays. Sure enough, after my shower and as I was brushing out my mop (I so need a haircut) the call came. This means that I don't need to leave until 8:15 to get to school by 9:00. And then classes are significantly shorter! It's going to be a good day! Oh, and don't forget, I took tomorrow off! YAS!!! 

So here I am sitting in my robe (I didn't have to get dressed right away), sipping my 2nd cup o' joe. I've put a load of laundry in and after I post this, I'm going to go sit upstairs in bed (it's so cozy), watch more news, snuggle with my boys, watch the sun start to rise and wait until I need to get my ass up to head off to work. I love these type of days. I'm sure that if I always had a work week that started like this, I'd eventually find reason to bitch and moan but this later start is so nice. The problem is, I like the early release of school and wouldn't want that messed up (kids dismiss at 2:15). I've thought about how nice it would be to have a 4-day work week but that would mean having 9-9 1/2 hour days and I'm not sure that would be sustainable for my mental health. Oh well...we always want what we don't have. 

Jim has his PET scan on Thursday which means he'll have a shorter day and so he's trying to get extra hours in for the other work days. As a result, he'll be later tonight and so I'm just going to have leftovers. We had Cincinnati Chicken chili on Sunday and have plenty of leftovers so I'll just heat that up. Jim can have whatever he wants. If I know Jim, he'll end up having a bowl of cereal. 

And that's all I've got. Happy Tuesday! I'll still post tomorrow but it might be a little later. I'll probably sleep in a little (maybe get up at 5:30 instead of 4:15). K - later!

No comments: