The weekend flew by but man did Maggie and I get a lot done to prepare for their upcoming renovation. Most of her kitchen cabinets have been cleaned out and the groceries and items that aren't absolutely necessary have been hauled down to their storage area in the basement. It felt good to get it all done and made me want to come home and purge my cabinets as well. But I didn't.
Along with that, we basically just hung out. Friday turned into a bit of an impromptu party with Maggie, Charlie and I sitting on their front porch and random friends/neighbors popping by for a drink or three. It was a lot of fun and I might have had a bit too much to drink. I can't remember. Ha!
Saturday along with the kitchen clean out, Mom and I went out and about to shop at At Home. Mom needed an outdoor rug so we got that as well as a couple other decorative items for her and I got an umbrella for our deck table, twinkle lights for the deck, a couple little battery operated lanterns for the front deck and a new Bluetooth speaker for Jimmy.
Eva had her first babysitting job on Saturday afternoon for the little girl who lives directly behind them. She had a great time and did a great job. And she made $30 for only a couple hours. Nice.
I think we were all wiped out on Saturday night so we ended up just getting Roosters takeout and Maggie and I watched a couple movies (the end of Ghost and On Golden Pond).
Sunday we got up and I made a big breakfast of bacon, eggs and fried bread. Mom came over too. I was on the road by 11:00 and Jim and I met at Shooters for a drink. I was itching to get home, however, so I kind of skated early after only one beer. When I got home, I walked Scout, did some dinner prep, took a nice bike ride and then sat on my deck and enjoyed the amazing weather.
This week is going to be a big one in that I'm hoping to get the wood splitter today so that I can put an hour in each evening. It's a rather large pile of wood I have to deal with and I just don't want to leave it all for the weekend. This means Jim has some shit on his to-do list. He needs to get the side yard prepared for stacking (he did a lot of prep work this weekend) and get the splitter himself or have it delivered. Fingers crossed this can get done. I also need to cut the grass today before the rain tomorrow. Jim did the backyard Saturday (good boy)! I think he may be overdoing it but considering the drama queen he is, I don't think he'll do more than he feels okay doing.
Okay and now I need to get a move on. I'm sure I have a ton of stuff waiting for me at work and I need to get gas on my way in. Happy Monday! Later! (Oh, and the count down has begun! 24 days with kids and 25 days until I'm done for the summer! That's total days, including weekends!) Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment