Our trees are completely down and the amount of wood I have to split is a bit daunting. It will certainly take ALL weekend next weekend and maybe even more. My neighbors have offered to help and I will take it. My main issue is going to be stacking. The system we normally have set up is as I split and toss into wheelbarrows, Jim stacks. I'm not sure he'll be able to do that, however with his hip. We'll see. Jim's job over the next week will be to prep the side yard for stacking and making sure we have the fence line all set up for the wood. I'll be very happy to have this done before summer though. There will be plenty of time for the wood to season and be ready for burning.
It is weird to have those trees down. It certainly opens up the view from the bedroom and will definitely mean more sun at sunset into our bedroom. I'll definitely have to use my curtains more to block the heat.
I'm still a bit of a stuffy mess. I'm trying to stay ahead of it but when morning comes I'm always a bit sniffly and phlegmy. I have it a bit more in my chest now but I don't really feel bad so that's good.
Not much else is going on here. Time to get a move on so I stay on schedule and get to Columbus when I'm meant to. Happy Friday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment