Tuesday, April 19, 2022

I Promise To Try

Yesterday was just truly a crappy day. I started out in a foul mood and it really never got better until I was home. Half the kids were assholes. Many of the kids did absolutely nothing while I was out. I had to scramble (am still scrambling) to get my IEPs amended for those kids going to the career center. It snowed! I mean what the fuck! Snow!? April 18th and snow. Stupid. Not to mention that I'm off the sauce this week. (Trying to be at least.) Anyway - once I got home I started to decompress and by the time I sat down for dinner, my mood had improved. 

I woke up this morning determined not to be in the same state as yesterday. I'll try to put on a happier face and have a better attitude but these little effers at school make it really hard sometimes. 

In Jimmy news, he's doing great. He's off his walker and only using his cane. PT is going well and he seems to think that he will be able to go back to work earlier than thought. Not doing all the grunt work that he normally does but going in to paint door frames etc. The easy shit. He actually called his boss yesterday to mention that (may be jumping the gun here) and his boss said, "Well, who knows what's going to happen." Apparently the union's contract is about up and negotiations may be harry and there may be another strike. Ugh! Perfect. Well, if it results in a pay raise, I can't complain. What I'd like most, however, is for him to have sick days and vacation pay. We'll see. 

Dinner tonight will be leftovers. We have too many things in the fridge that need to be eaten and Jimmy isn't helping me. He only ate breakfast yesterday (and dinner). Oh well...just means I won't have to cook. 

I have an IEP today but it's with a senior and he's 18 and the parent isn't coming in. Should take all of about 15 minutes...I hope. I hope I remember. 

I'm reading a cute book: The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harm. It's an easy, sort of mindless read but cute and pretty funny. 

Okay well, time to get a move on. It's freaking freezing again today but I don't think it will snow. There is that at least. Oh, I got some cute new boots yesterday. One of the ladies at the Easter egg hunt was wearing a pain on Sunday and I asked her where she got them. She got them on Amazon and they were about $25...they were on sale. They're cozy and fleece lined. I might have to wear them today with how cold it is. 

K - happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: