So the kid that drove me crazy for a couple seconds yesterday? Let me backtrack and explain that I have a number of kids who may not be "labeled" autistic but I'm pretty sure they are. Socially they are very underdeveloped to put it nicely. For example - every day in my Guided Interventions, I ask the kids what they're working on and there are three kids who will just not answer me the first or second time I ask. I'll say, "Bobby...what are you working on?" Nothing. "Bobby...what are you working on today?" Nothing. I'll ask the other kids, "Are his ear buds in?" And then Bobby will go, "I HEARD YOU!!!" Well then why the FUCK didn't you answer me the first time. ARG!
So yesterday I said to one of my kids, "Johnny? Did you turn those three Mythology assignments in?" Nothing. "Johnny? Did the Myth assignments get turned in?" Nothing. I see he doesn't have ear bud in so I say, "JOHNNY!? Did you hear me? What's going on with Mythology?" And he slowly turns around (the kids desks are turned away from me) and looks at me like I've got three eyes, and horns coming out of my three heads and says, "Myth?" Now, understand I've been asking him about these fucking assignments all week because they are zeroes and he has a 31% in the class. And every day he's said he's working on them. So, finally after I put my head in my hands, breathe and count to 10, I say, "You told me Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday that you were working on them. Did you finish them? Did you turn them in? Because they are still listed as zeroes." And he answers, "I think so." WHAT!? I THINK SO!? YOU AREN'T SURE?! But I didn't yell, I just said, "Okay I'll email Mr. M." Later, in response to the email I sent, the teacher said, "He hasn't turned in any of them." And then about 10 seconds later, he emailed again and said, "Oh, he just turned the one assignment in 30 seconds ago."
I mean are these kids colluding together to gaslight me? They must be because they can't be this stupid, right?!
Okay well, after all that, TGIFF! Tonight my plans are vegging out in front of the TV, watching Top Chef, drinking a barrel full of wine, eating grilled cheese and chili for dinner and that's it! The weekend hasn't got much in store for it except Jim wants to go to Pacific Kitchen for dinner (local Asian restaurant and I say Asian because it serves about 15 different styles of food). We'll do that Saturday, I think.
Well, best get a move on. Happy Friday...pray for me today. I just need to get through to 2:15 without losing my shit. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment