I'll start with something positive: Eva! I didn't forget her birthday last Saturday but I didn't post on it and feel that I must! I mean, how is she 11!? It's not possible, right? Too crazy! Love her! Love her kindness, her humor, her beauty inside and out; love that she still enjoys hanging with her old aunt, Muwee; love her to bits for too many reasons to list. I hope you had a great day Ev! I hate to follow that up with what happened yesterday and there's nothing to really say but it's just so heartbreaking. Not just because of the senseless loss of life but the fact that it's become the norm here in our country. In this country that's supposed to be the greatest place in the world because of the freedoms we get to have. I'd give some of that up, in a heartbeat, if it meant that we could end or at least slow down these shootings. How have we all become so resigned to these atrocities? How have we allowed a group of people to decide that our kids and teachers are going to keep dying in schools because they're afraid to give away some of their "rights"? This doesn't happen in other countries! Since Sandyhook, when we said we'd never let it happen again, we've had 10 years of our congressmen and women fail us and over 3,500 mass shootings. SINCE! What will be the catalyst for change because apparently it's not little kids getting mowed down in their classroom with their teacher dying trying to protect them. Sometimes this fucking country just sucks!
Not sorry.
On a more positive note, I enjoyed my time off from school yesterday. I went out for my first ride on the trail with my new bike. It was great but a little bumpier than my old bike becuase I don't have the shock resistance on this bike that I did on my other. My average speed was 16.8 mph! I went my normal route - 12.6 miles - and enjoyed it thoroughly. I can't wait to get back out there.
After that, I mowed the front yard, did laundry, laid out a bit and then walked Scout. I ended up making chicken ranch burgers for dinner instead of the farro dish I had planned. I'll do the farro tonight.
Today I have 5th and 6th bell exams. My 5th period isn't a class so no exam and fingers crossed no one shows for a test but even if they do, who cares? Sixth period is my science class. No big deal. After exams, I'll probably go to the grocery for some needed items but other than that I'll be at my desk working.
And that's all I've got. Jim's already gone so I need to round up the boys who are outside causing trouble and head out. Later...happy Wednesday! Two more days and I'm on break!




No comments:
Post a Comment