Monday, March 29, 2021

Day 1 - Spring Break

So happy to be on break! I don't have any huge plans - except to get my hair done tomorrow - but I do plan on getting some spring cleaning done around the house. Today I'll try to tackle my closet. Wednesday or Thursday I'll steam clean the carpets and mop all the floors. I'll add some other things to my list but mostly I'll just be spending some quality time with my boys and chilling out. Oh, and Jim's working in Newtown this week, which is not far from Little Miami Brewery so we might meet down there for lunch one day this week. 

The weekend was good. Friday we had a couple cocktails with the neighbors before Jim and I came in, had pizza and chilled. Saturday was a lovely day and I managed to clean the house, get Scout out on a nice walk, take a bike ride and then just enjoy the sunny, warm day. I grilled out for dinner and went to bed at a reasonable time. 

Yesterday Jim and I did our normal Shooters Sunday jaunt and then came home and took a nice nap. It was chilly and gloomy for a lot of yesterday so it was a perfect thing to do. We played some Skip-Bo (Jim won one and I won one) and I made some pulled pork for dinner. 

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE!!! 57 never looked so good! She's headed down to TN tomorrow to spend some time with Mom and that will be nice for both of them I think. I hope their time is restful for them both! 

Oh, here's something exciting: I paid off my car on Friday! Eight months early! Woot! Love having no car payment (knock on wood). I'll bank all that extra money in my savings and figure out what to do with it. I need to find a financial person to help me out...so stupid just having all this money in my savings and not gaining anything. 

What else? Tonight for dinner, I'll make a pasta chicken with peas dinner...something I used to make a lot but forgot about. 

Okay well, that's all I've got. Time to get on the elliptical. Happy Monday! Here's to a long, slow week! Stay safe peeps...we're almost there. Later!

No comments: