Tuesday, January 26, 2021

School Fools!

Lets see...what do I have to talk about? Not much. I had a dream last night that Jennifer Garner and I were friends. Our common likes in my dream (and in real life I think) were cooking and wine. I think she and I could be friends. I'll message her...I'm sure that won't be creepy. 

Jim was supposed to work after work yesterday but was really rundown and came home instead. I think he was slightly hung over from Sunday (he drank a LOT of beer) but I didn't tell him that. He sort of revels in feeling puny sometimes and cluing him in on the over-imbibing he did on Sunday will deflate him. Even though he was already deflated. Regardless, he's back to his normal self today and will work after work tonight. 

That being said, he'll still be home in time for dinner. We're having a vegan white chickpea chili. Loves me some chickpeas! Loves me some soup! This one should be a goody too. 

School news: I'm feeling a bit annoyed and disgusted by one of my colleagues at work. Now, let me preface this by saying that in special ed there are a LOT of rules and regulations that must be followed including deadlines that have to be met. Without meeting some of these deadlines, schools don't get funding. And the deadlines are real time. If paperwork doesn't get filed by the IEP due date, for example, the funding that comes with that kid is delayed or lost. Additionally the paperwork? Legal documents...you don't fudge legal documents. You don't lie! Well, it's been discovered that one of the sped teachers at work hasn't A) done ANY progress reports all year (they have to be done when grades are posted - approximately every 9 weeks; these are sent to parents to report on progress toward goals) B) "held" at least one IEP meeting where the actual IEP didn't get written and for that meeting she C) fudged the summary document for the meeting saying that there were people present at the meeting that weren't. Oh, and the progress report issue? We had a teacher a few years ago who got fired for not doing his progress reports. 

Here's one of the reasons why I'm so annoyed: Other than the fact that this teacher should NOT be so overwhelmed that she can't do her job, the administration is giving her a professional day to get things straight. The consideration they are giving her wouldn't be given to a lot of teachers at my school. I'm also a bit disgusted that my administrator who is in charge here is more concerned with the sped powers that be finding out and calling his ass out on the carpet than actually doing HIS job and reprimanding this teacher for the utter lack of performing the job she was hired to do. This teacher should have something in her file that says she needs to watch her ass. She also made a comment when she was talking to another teacher about this: "What are they going to do? Fire me during a pandemic?" Ugh!

Okay - I'm done. I need to only worry about myself when it comes to my job. I know I do my job and I do it correctly so I shouldn't get all hot under the collar about this inept fool. (Sorry, that was redundant.) 

K - I'm out. Happy Tuesday. It's foggy out there today! Stay safe and masked. Later! 

No comments: