Monday, January 18, 2021

A Day Off

Nice to have a day off today to just chill. Jim's working so I'll have the house to myself. What'll I do? Well, breakfast has been consumed so after I finish here, I'll go up and do a nice restorative yoga. Then I'll do some elliptical and wait for it to get light enough to walk the babies. Not much else is on the agenda. Jim said he doesn't have a big day so may cut out early and meet me at Shooters...we'll see. 

The weekend was good. Saturday Jim and I did a major house clean and then went to Shooters. I made a yummy vegan stew for dinner and we enjoyed some time in front of the fire while watching Ozark. (I've watched it but Jim hadn't.) Sunday we went to a local brewery that recently opened - Cartridge Brewing - with Doug and Lauren had a delicious lunch and then came home. Doug and Lauren came over later and we played cards and ate soup. We hadn't planned on eating together but the soup I made happened to be vegan (D&L are vegans) so we all chowed together. It was really yummy! 

Not much else to talk about. It's cold and we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow right around when I leave for school. Maybe a snow day!? That'd be nice. 

Scout is obsessed with some animal outside and keeps going out and trying to jump over the fence. He gets pretty close which is a problem. I mean, what's going to happen if he makes it over? Pretty sure it's some sort of owl out there making him nuts. Either that or the chickens next door and I do NOT want him getting anywhere near the chickens. Bad boy! 

If you're wondering what Boo does when Scout acts this way, he stands on the deck with his duck in his mouth watching his brother acting like a dimwit! He always comes in and looks at me and it's like he's shaking his head saying, "Scout's dumb!" And then he runs in circles around the 1st floor carrying his ducky before racing upstairs to suck on it. 

Okay - well, time to get some yoga going. Happy Monday...happy MLK day. Stay masked and healthy. Later!


No comments: