Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Back To Hope!

I don't know how the next 4 years are going to go but I know I have a lot of hope. I have hope that we can finally get back to some sort of normal. And by normal I mean a country where people don't hate each other. A country where there is respect again. A country that was built on differences and the belief that fairness counts. I don't want to look at my neighbors and wonder if they are secretly (or not so secretly) harboring thoughts and feelings of hate and misogyny and racism. It was so disheartening to me to see how many people in this country were willing to put their morals and values aside to support the dollar. Because goodness counts and when you decide (yep, it was a conscious choice) to turn away from your neighbor and friend and family because your wallet is a little fatter, well, you're not someone I want to spend my time and heart on. And with the coming administration, I have hope that we can heal. Maybe when good walks up to the podium, people can reflect and find where we went wrong and start mending those hurts. 

Here's the difference between then (2017) and now (2021). In 2017, I was scared. And I don't say that with any drama or hyperbole. I was legitimately scared for our country. I had witnessed a man take the stage (and don't be fooled that it was anything else to him but that...a place for him to pontificate and preen for his audience) and use lies to build chaos. Democracy can't survive on chaos. Our country can't make it without people working together and today, I can finally see that on the horizon. And I know that it's going to take both sides reaching out and compromising for things to change but I'm not scared anymore and that's everything. 

I don't have much else to talk about. Unfortunately I work today and will be busy, busy, busy until 1:00 but I'm hoping to catch a glimpse or two of what's in store for this historic Inauguration Day. I'm so happy to see so many firsts happening today and hope that all involved stay safe. God, how ridiculous that this nation is having to bolster security to save one group of people from our soon-to-be former president's supporters. Ugh! I'm still not over it...it's probably going to take some time. 

K - happy Wednesday. Stay safe...stay hopeful! Later!

No comments: