Headed back to work today after a nice day off yesterday. It was quite restful and relaxed. I actually ended up going to Aldi for some needed staples but other than that, I did nothing. Oh, except I did meet Jim at Shooters around 3:00 for a little Megatouch.
I started taking magnesium on Sunday and I've been sleeping like a log! A friend of mine told me about it so I thought I'd try it. Here are some of the benefits:
- May boost exercise performance
- Helps treat sleep problems (it helps your brain relax by activating the parasympathetic nervous system)
- Relieves constipation (don't have a problem there)
- Fights depression (not that I suffer from that)
- Benefits against Type 2 diabetes
- Can lower blood pressure
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Helps prevent migraines
- Improves PMS symptoms (including water retention)
I'm only taking 250 mg (the lowest dose) because I figure I eat well and get a good amount of magnesium from the foods I eat but since taking it, I've slept really well and even when I wake up, I get right back to sleep. We'll see if that lasts.
Speaking of sleeping, I went up last night before 7:00...didn't really realize how early it was. However, I was exhausted and after reading for a bit, I turned off the iPad and hit the hay. Slept until the alarm went off (with the exception of getting up once) and feel great this morning.
Jim's working after work tonight so I'll make something random for myself...maybe a burrito bowl of some sort. He'll probably have to do this a couple times this week.
And that's about all I've got. Should be a pretty easy week at school. No meetings but I'll be writing a couple IEPs getting ready for upcoming meetings in February.
K - happy Tuesday. Stay healthy! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment