Speaking of which, I certainly don't mind testing days (for me) but by the end of two days, it's enough. I can only sit at my desk for so long and stare at my computer. I definitely got a lot done though. I feel bad for the students. Although, it felt like the kids who were in my room (both my group of testers and Lisa's) really seemed to try hard, minus a kid or two. I just hate that they focus so much on scores for these stupid tests which seem to do nothing but stress everyone out. Maybe someday they'll find a better way.
Last night's dinner was such a taste of summer. I ended up grilling up some Pacific Rim chicken burgers and served them with corn on the cob and tomato/mozzarella salad. It was so yummy. When Jim bit into his burger, he said, "Mmm...summer!" Oh, and I was pleasantly surprised that the corn was so good. Good thing because tonight's dinner will use the other two ears that came in the pack. With those I'll serve some Cajun crab cakes and probably green beans.
The weekend is going to be pretty low key. Tomorrow after Jim and I get up and walk the dogs, we'll do a quick but thorough clean before heading out to pick up lunch for Dad, Becky and us as well. We'll hang there for a bit (I'm excited to see the house they've bought) and then come home to chill. It's going to be pretty chilly this weekend and I think Saturday night will be our last fire for the season. Sad but ready!
Sunday I hope we get to go to Shooters. It's been over two weeks and maybe three since I've been. First I was in PIB and then last week they had a plumbing emergency and had to close the restaurant. I sure hope that's fixed.
Today at school will be easy. I'm reading the short story "The Lottery" to my kids in ELA and it's video day in Government. We're finishing up A League of Their Own" and I'm not sure what I'll show next.
Okay that's all I've got. Jim's bugging to help him figure out where something is. He just said, "I need a Geography lesson Muir." Guess I need to stop everything to help him. Just kidding. Happy Friday. Happy weekend. Later!
Update: Just had to go through all the countries surrounding Iran. We certainly are a dumb society when it comes to knowing these countries.

No comments:
Post a Comment