Yesterday's colonoscopy went well. The doc found 2 polyps that he removed (same as last time) and biopsied but he's not worried about them. In regard to the diverticulum, he said the infected portion is severely diseased (red, swollen with a lot of "pockets"). There is about 20 cm (about 7 1/2 inches) of affected bowel and if he had his druthers, he would remove from 20-40 cm. He said once this is taken care of, Jim's going to feel SOOOO much better. Jim's procedure was at 7:00 and we were home by 9:30. The rest of the day was the two of us trying to catch up on sleep.
Last night, I slept a little more than the night before but woke up at 12:30 and went in and out until the alarm went off at 4:00. I've exercised and am eating and will try to give the boys a quick walk before we head out at 6:45. We have to be at the hospital at 7:30, his procedure is at 9:00 and I have no idea how long it will take. I would anticipate a couple hours. I'm hoping that once it's complete and he's in recovery, he'll be able to get in a room quickly. We'll see. I have no idea what time I'll get home but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get home to feed the dogs by 4:30ish. I'll probably have to ask my neighbors to let the boys out midday...we'll see.
Jim should be in the hospital 3-5 days, depending on if they can complete surgery laparoscopically or not. So, I'm hoping by Thursday or Friday, he'll be back in his own bed. Fingers crossed.
And that's all I've got. I'll text everyone to let you know the outcome and I'll post tomorrow. Visiting hours don't start until 11:00 at St. E's so I'll have more time tomorrow.
Happy Tuesday! Wish Jimmy lots of luck and send every healing thought you have to spare. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment