Sunday, June 01, 2008

What Is That NOISE!!!???

For a little while I thought that Jim had left the water running outside - watering the lawn or the flowers. It took several minutes (after searching for the "water source") to realize that that loud droning noise is the hum of cicadas. They're incessant but kind of - nice? It isn't that bad here - yet - although our house is still the only house in my circle (and neighborhood) that has been bombarded with the little suckers (suckers wasn't the word I was really looking for). They aren't flying around and hitting me in the forehead and crawling on me. Yet. I anticipate this happening eventually. I anticipate that in a couple days, it will be Jim's responsibility to walk all 3 dogs - on his own. I won't be able to walk out the front door onto the porch (which we hose off everyday and is still littered with shells and cicada carcasses every morning) and down the crunchy driveway. Poor puppies. Oh, and I was right! Bubba thinks that nature or some relief planes have thrown out little treats all over the place for him to eat. Ridiculous!

So in other news, Jim and I went out yesterday and bought the flowers for the deck. We went to 4 different nurseries and finally found what we wanted at the last (Burger's). I wanted to change up my colors so we have some yellow and orange flowers but now I need more - pinks and maybe whites I think. Today we will plant and I will lay in the sun. (By the way - there are no cicadas in our back yard.) I may even give Bubba a b-a-t-h!!! Ugh! He hates them but he's a filthy little (big) bugger.

Oh, and did I tell you all what great friends I have? First, through all my recent turmoil - when I was unable to get to work for the last 2 - 3 days at school, my friends basically did all my work for me. Let me just tell you what a load off that was. To not have to worry about the stupid crap at work with every thing else going on was such a relief. And then yesterday I got a card in the mail from my sweet Diane! Thanks Diane! You lifted my day and week. I loved the basset on the front. You guys are the best and I don't know what I would do without you! Thanks!

Okay - I best go and cook breakfast - the dogs are wondering where their Sunday bacon is. Later!

1 comment:

Kim said...

We love you and would do whatever you needed us to!