Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ears

Okay - so Zeke got his stitches taken out yesterday. Yeah!!! Jim took him because I didn't want to go and be the bad guy that takes my baby to the vet - Jim can be that bad guy. So anyway, he comes home and he says, "They want us to put the cone back on his head for a day." Me: "Um, yeah, no! Not going to happen. He's suffered that GD thing long enough." (I'm not allowed to say the cuss word that I abbreviated.) Apparently, the vet was afraid he'd scratch at his ear and set it to bleeding again. Whatever. I knew he wouldn't do this and guess what? He didn't. He was just happy to be able to roll around on the floor and get into the tiny crevices that he likes to sleep in.

So here are two pictures - one of his right (normal ear) and the other of his "amputated" left ear (he was yawning by the way). I know it doesn't look great right now but once his fur grows back, it shouldn't be too bad. (Oh, the white strip in the center is where the tape was.) He's such a brave little soldier!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad that Zeke doesn't have to be pestered with that stupid cone anymore. You won't even miss that piece of your ear Zeke!