Monday, June 30, 2008

CCCT

This stands for "Clomiphene Citrate Challenge Test". It is what the doctor has decided is the next step in my fertility quest. Actually, it's the next step in, hopefully discovering the answer to my infertility. What this test does is test my ovarian reserve. In other words, it checks to see if my eggs are hatchable or not.

Details:

So today, they took my blood to test my FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level. Tomorrow and for 5 days, I will take Clomid (a drug which stimulates "normal" ovulation although it can cause multiple release of eggs resulting in multple births) and then on day 10 (Sunday) I will have my blood drawn again to test FSH levels. If there is an abnormal level of FSH this will be a possible answer to why I can't carry a baby for more than 9 or 10 weeks. If this is an issue, I'm not sure there is any alternative for me other than a donor egg which isn't really a possibility since I'm not interested in something that invasive (and costly). Anyway, by this time next week, I hope to have an answer to the question of whether or not my eggs are even viable or not.

Who knows what will happen after this. Most likely, this is the problem and if that is the case, that will be that. We'll just have to see at that point if there are any chances of me ever carrying a baby to term. It doesn't really seem like there would be with my own egg but I guess I shouldn't assume anything at this point. Think positive, I guess.

Oh, and Sunday, when I get my next FSH level tested, they will also draw Jim's blood to check his chromosomes and, as Maggie says, finally prove that he is, in fact, retarded. Poor Jim. He's been in denial for so long. As have I.

I'll keep you all update.

Later.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor Jimmy!! Such abuse!! :-)

Lisa said...

Poor Jimmy!! Such abuse!! :-)