I hate to be a complainer - really. I know that lately it seems that most of my posts have been me bitching about something and this won't be any different. However, I do apologize for that.
So I awoke this morning with a headache to end all headaches. It's one of those pounding, whole-brain-hurts headache that makes me want to go right back to sleep (which I will probably do here in a few minutes). I know that my head is pounding because I really got no sleep last night. What with Zeke worrying me and Bubba (the lard arse) taking up the whole freaking side of my bed, I didn't have much of a chance at a restful night. Poor Zeke! Last night after about an hour of him sitting down, lying down then standing up and moving his position to try and find a comfortable spot, thinking he had found it then sitting down, lying down and going through the whole process again and again, Jim and I were forced, through pity, to remove the cone from his head and try to let him get some sleep. It worked. However, every time I heard movement, I woke up and made sure he wasn't opening his wound again. This happened periodically throughout the night and needless to say, I tossed and turned otherwise. Along with all of that, I awoke this morning with my allergies raging. I'm a snotty, sneezing watery-eye mess.
Okay, so today, I've made the decision that the cone on Zeke's head will stay on through sleep, eating and toileting. I know that Zeke's dilemma is weighing more on me than him but every time I have to watch him walk around and get stuck because the huge cone on his head catches on a blanket or the couch etc. I just cringe. Right now he's actually sleeping peacefully so I'm hoping that the longer he wears it the more used to it he gets. I'm just going to have to be staunch in my standing to keep it on and quit being a baby.
So today, if I have the wherewithal, I will try and lay out. I don't want to leave the house because I'm still worried about Zeke's wound. I need to make sure that the exposed area isn't oozing and that he doesn't hurt himself while he gets used to his cone. Now, if the cicadas start buzzing around my head and landing on me, I'll be forced to retreat indoors which will suck and piss me off. They aren't too bad in the back yard and they tend to stay in the trees but every now and then a dumb shit cicada forgets that it can't really fly well and kamikazes itself into the nearest immobile object.
Okay, I'm now going to go eat a bowl of cereal then lay down and hope this headache goes away. Jim's playing poker tonight so I'm on my own all day. In the meantime, I'll try to keep my self together and my excitement in check because MAGGIE AND CHARLIE LEAVE CALIFORNIA FOR OHIO TODAY!!! They'll be here, I think, by Monday. Yeah!!!

1 comment:
I hope you and Zeke both get some rest. And Bubba is not a lard arse, he is just big boned
Post a Comment