Friday, May 29, 2026

I Mean...God Must Love Me!

This weather couldn't be any more perfect. Currently it's 57 with a high today of 72 and although the wind has died down, I'm okay with that since the weather is so cool. There's also not one tiny little wisp of a cloud in the sky. I don't mean to rub it in to those of you not here but man, I love this weather. I know some of you prefer it HOT (Trip) and I'm sure it will get there eventually over the next couple weeks but I love having the windows open and hearing the lake. 

Yesterday ended up getting really windy and kind of rough. I also started hearing that a squall was blowing in but when I woke up this morning, the lake had chilled out (though not as glassy as Wednesday). Of course the wind is supposed to kick up again today and into tomorrow so I'm keeping an eye on the Miller and checking Billy Market's FB to see if he has anything to say (nothing as of yet). Last thing I would want to do is NOT get off the island tomorrow because I'm missing my boys something fierce. 

I actually "slept in" this morning. I didn't wake up until 6:11 which for me (considering the sun rises at about 5:30 here and the birds tend to be a bit mouthy) is an accomplishment. I did some yoga (30 minute sun salutation class) and pulled something in my back. Either my left deltoid or trapezius is giving me fits all of a sudden. I'm going to take a walk here in a bit and maybe I can arm swing it out. 

Other plans for the day: It's definitely a pool day. I've got a good start on my tan so I should definitely continue working on that. I'll also do some things to get ready to leave tomorrow but there really isn't much to do. I'll pack up the dry goods and pull out what I'll wear tomorrow for the drive back. I've cleaned most of the whole house and the Shark robot is doing it's thing right now. I'll leave our bathroom upstairs for tomorrow. Other than that...it should be an easy departure. 

We're going to the Goat for dinner tonight so no cooking. I'm thinking the Rose Plate (2 small cups of their soup and a salad). 

And that's about all I've got to share. I need to go find a book to listen to...the one I was listening to was annoying me so I'm going to return it. K - happy Friday. Can't wait to see my babies tomorrow! Later!

No comments: