Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Culprits

I found out the culprits of Boo and Scout's nighttime freakouts: Raccoons. Two, to be exact. I had a feeling but wasn't sure. It seemed too early/late when they were getting triggered but I did think at first it was deer. My neighbor, however, caught the little critters in the act of attacking the neighborhood skunk in their backyard a week or so ago. (Haven't seen the skunk since.) It makes sense since Scout seems to hear them around 2:00 or 3:00. So annoying. I doubt there's much I can do but I'll investigate to see if there's a natural, harmless way of keeping the little scavengers out of our yard. Doubtful. 

I got the cutest shoes! I'm not really allowed to buy more shoes but I couldn't pass these up. I love them and they're really comfy and cushy. I need to get rid of some of my shoes but it's so hard. That is my task, however, when I get back from PIB: clean out my closets and drawers. I try to do this twice a year and it's time. 

Yesterday was SOOOOOOO boring. I did have a couple kids come to my room during 2nd period exam but I didn't have to do anything for them. They just needed a quiet place to take their exam. I did manage to clean out my desk and filing cabinet. I started putting things away as well. Additionally I put in my order for next year but I need very little so that didn't take long. I also got all my folders made for my year in Google Drive and started my spreadsheets for tracking SDI and goals. After all that it was probably 9:00. UGH! 

Today should be a little better because I'm giving two of my exams but kids are still out of there by 11:15. I might go to Kroger and do a quick non-perishable shop for PIB. And then, who knows. 

Last night I made quesadillas on the Blackstone and they were so good. And easy. I need to commit to using that more. Tonight I'm not cooking and instead we're going out. Lauren and her sister are "guest bartending" at a local brewery for the "Ben Morrison Foundation". Ben was Lauren's nephew who ended his life several years ago. Her sister started this foundation to help support mental health. For every beer bought tonight the brewery will give $1 to the foundation. Anyway, they have food trucks there so we'll probably just have a bite and then head home. 

I started watching the Netflix documentary The Crash last night. It's about the investigation of the 2022 car wreck in Strongsville, Ohio where the driver, MacKenzie Shirilla, intentionally crashed her car into a brick building at nearly 100 mph, killing her two passengers. I haven't finished it yet but I can't stop thinking about it. The thing that's really upsetting aside from the obvious is this chicks parents are fucking awful. I mean, two people who failed as parents miserably. Ugh.

Okay well I've run out of time. Guess I'll head out. Happy Tuesday! Later!



No comments: