So happy it's Friday! And bonus, next week, my ELA class is starting Harry Potter! The kids will do a week of pre-reading stuff like taking a sorting quiz to figure out which house they'd be in and based on that, they'll make a bookmark for their books. I know it's kind of childish but I find the kids enjoy this mundane type of activity plus I count it as participation so they're easy points to get. Since the end of 1st quarter is only two weeks away, some of them need a boost.
Today, I'm actually "teaching" so I'll be sort of busy but it should still be an easy day.
Weekend plans: Not much. Tonight my plan is to come home, walk Scout (Jim walks Boo) and finish watching GBBO and Survivor. We'll probably watch some more Department Q and hit the sack early. (Boo woke me up at 3:30). It's homecoming this weekend which means Doug and Lauren will be busy and my other neighbor is heading to Cleveland.
Saturday I'm thinking we might go to Lehr's and get a couple nice filets and have a steak dinner. I'll probably make twice-baked potatoes to accompany (Jimmy loves those) and maybe asparagus if it isn't outrageously expensive. Otherwise, broccoli it is. Sunday should be pretty chill since the Bengals won't be playing (they have a Monday night game) which is probably when I'll mow the lawn.
I had a dream last night that I was cleaning out the fridge at Raeburn. It was the kitchen before the latest reno and it was chock full of crazy Dad shit like mini cans of diet Shasta. Was it Shasta that he always had stuffed in his suit jacket pockets when he came home from the hospital? There were dozens of ketchup packets and about 10 different take-out containers of who-knows-what. I was trying to clean it out before anyone got home and freaked out about what I'd thrown away. That's funny. I know why I dreamt that: I have a picture of dad on my fridge, kneeling in front of the yellow fridge at Raeburn, putting shit away. He'd obviously just gotten home from work and was emptying his pockets, probably of the mini cans he always stole brought home. I look at it every day but was really taking a deep dive yesterday and that must have imprinted in my brain.
Dinner tonight: BLTs with corn and green beans. Easy and yummy.
Okay, time to get a move on. Happy Friday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment