Friday, September 12, 2025

Ah...Friday

I so hope that today goes as smoothly as the rest of the week was. Well, the last two days. Greg is coming back to class from in-school suspension and I'm hoping he can keep his shit together. His issues stem from being around others. Which is a problem when you're...living. No, it's a problem when you have behavioral issues and can't navigate through the many assholes that we're all surrounded by all the time. He doesn't have the ability or the "tools" to walk away from stupid shit that means nothing. He wants to climb every mountain and make an issue over every perceived slight. How do you teach a kid to chill and not react? I guess with patience and appropriate consequences which also allow growth and self-reflection. 

Okay...sorry about that. Didn't mean to preach. 

We got our driveway sealed yesterday and it looks terrific. We've been getting it done, just about every other year, since we replaced our previous driveway and the cost has gone up by at least 100%. We did get a discount though since we got Doug and Lauren to do theirs as well. Every little bit helps. 

Weekend plans: We don't have many plans except I think we're going to go to Big Sandy's see if they have any recliners to replace - sadly - the one that Dad and Becky gave us when Jim had his heart surgery. Unfortunately it's starting to show its age. It's not falling apart...yet...but it's not far from being on its last leg and I want to be ahead of the game. After we see what Big Sandy has, we'll go to lunch, possibly to Agave and Rye. 

Beyond Saturdays plans, I'm sure we'll chill tonight - hopefully with a neighbor or two - and watch the Bengals Sunday. I need to make my menu for next week and go to the grocery. 

Dinner tonight: I pulled some Brunswick stew and I'll heat that up and make some grilled cheeses. 

GBBO: It's biscuit week and I've watched the signature bake so far. (IYKYK) I'll watch the rest tonight. 

And that's all I've got. Time to get this day going. Later!

No comments: