It's also going to be a bad day in regard to weather. The remnants of Helene are headed this way with lots of rain (that's fine) and really strong winds. This, as you know, does not make me happy. Our wind warnings are set to start around noon and go to 10 pm. Sustained winds should be around 20-25 with gusts up to 60. On the one hand, I'll be glad not to be around for part of the day but that makes me nervous for my boys who are home and usually sacked out upstairs. Ugh!
Along with all that, Jim's got to drive home in this shit. I'm hoping he can be on the road by noon but I don't have high hopes there. As we all know Jim is not good about judging time on a job. When he says something will take 2 hours, you can expect that to double, at least. Originally he promised he'd be home by 3:00 because I have afterwork plans (couple beers to pay off a bet). Talking to him yesterday evening, however, he seemed to be alluding to that changing. It was as though he didn't want to say it outright (knowing I didn't want to hear it) but we all know that just makes things worse. I gave him a bit of a hard way to go when the conversation started headed that way and he immediately got off the phone. Then I felt bad so I sent him a text and said, "Sorry for being an asshole...I know how hard you're working and how badly you want to be home. Do what you need to do and if need be I can text a neighbor to let the boys out." Of course now, I don't want the boys going out in the backyard without me there. Ugh!
School should be easy today. It's movie day in history (starting The Martian since we're studying Galileo, Copernicus, etc.) and going over the study guide for Romeo and Juliet in ELA.
Assuming we have power tonight, I'm making grilled cheese and pulled a soup from the freezer (creamy keilbasa). Easy and something Jimmy should enjoy. I'll make him a nice dinner tomorrow.
And that's all I've got. I plan on taking back roads to work but not the ones from the other day so I'd best get moving. Happy Friday! Wish me luck with the winds tonight. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment