The weekend was pretty chill. We did manage to play some cards Friday night but we made it a pretty early night since Lauren had to coach 4 games Saturday. Jim and I went to the pool where Trip, Susan, JJ, Anne and Steve joined. We played a game of volleyball then Jim and I had to skedaddle because we were going out to dinner with Doug and Lauren. This time around we went to an authentic Chinese restaurant in Evendale called Uncle Yip's. It was good but I've had better (the place in Mason). Once home we had a drink on the front deck before hitting the hay.
Oh, and our waiter at Uncle Yips was so weird. He put me in mind of Dick Van Dyke in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when he was in disguise as the clumsy life-sized toy? It was the hair...the guy was so bizarre. It's hard to describe how but just take my word for it.Jim ended up working for a bit on Sunday and while he did that, I cleaned the house, ran to Kohls to return something from Amazon, went to Aldi, then came home to soak in a bath. All of this before the Bengals game...which I don't want to talk about. We did NOT look good. Ugh!
I made sloppy joes for dinner and was in bed early reading my book.
The week should be relatively easy. I have my first IEP meeting on Thursday. It's a combo IEP/ETR with our new school psyche. It's always a pretty deep learning curve for new psyches in meetings. They tend to drone on and on about shit the parents really don't give two shits about. I mean, you don't need to read every single word of the damn report. And if you've sent a draft home so they can review, they should know what's what before the meeting even starts. Ugh...I anticipate annoyance.
Dinner tonight: I'm thinking about Walnut Chicken but it all depends how I feel after school. If I'm feeling yucky, I may not want to cook or at least not cook something so involved. We'll see.
And that's about all I've got. Happy Monday...I sure hope this week goes by quickly. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment