Tuesday, September 10, 2024

My New Fave

Everyone and their mother has been wearing these jumpsuits but I kept thinking No...I'll look like an idiot in that. But, I finally succumbed and am so happy I did. It's the most comfy outfit ever! I bought three colors and am tempted to buy more. So far only the black has been delivered but I got a dark gray and pretty blue. I'm wearing flip flops but it would also look cute with sneakers...maybe a chunky soled sneaker. Don't judge if you notice that it's all I wear for a while. 

In other news, I'm feeling much better. I managed to trudge through the day yesterday and by the time I got home, I knew there was no way I wanted to cook. I did take a nice bike ride and walked Scout but after that I was spent. I ended up taking out some vegetable beef from the freezer and frying up some grilled cheese. It was just what I needed. 

Jim and I were both wiped out after dinner. I think it was not even 6:30 and Jim said, "I'm going upstairs." I said, "NO! We have to wait until 7:00, at least." And believe you me, at 6:59 we both started packing up and heading to sleep. I ended up reading for a bit but turned everything down by 8:00. I slept like a baby, only waking up a couple times but managing to fall back to sleep both times. My throat doesn't hurt anymore but my nose it more schnootzy compared to yesterday. That's okay though...I'd rather that than a sore throat. Hopefully this cold's timeline will follow Jim's cold and by tomorrow I'll be nearly back to normal. 

Sad that James Earl Jones died but what a nice long life he had...93! I know he's most known for voicing Darth Vader but my favorite role of his is as Terence Mann from Field of Dreams. So good.

Dinner tonight will be the walnut chicken that I'd planned to make yesterday. This is a recipe from Susan, I believe, and a favorite. 

Tonight is the presidential debate and I'll try to watch some of it but it doesn't start until 9:00 and we all know that I don't typically stay up that late. We'll see though. 

And that's about all I've got. Today will be a normal and easy day at work although I do have a meeting during my prep period but it's just a planning meeting and I'm not running it. Shouldn't take too long. 

K - I'm out...happy Tuesday...later! 

No comments: