This 4-day weekend is much needed and I plan on living it up! After this, the stretch to Spring Break is going to be tough to get through. In fact, I might not. I might, at some point, have to take a mental health day. We'll see.
So there's this woman at work, one of our building subs, who is, how should I put this without sounding like a complete asshole? I guess you could say she's not so smart. (For our purposes here, lets call her Lulu.) Now, Lulu is completely harmless and really a nice woman but I do everything in my power to avoid her. I do this because talking to her? If you get cornered you just might not escape without losing a few brain cells. Her chatter is so inane and repetitive and just so stupid! For example, the other day, I was telling one of my lunch ladies (one of the women I eat with) about the former student who died in the fire down in Tennessee. Lulu was standing there and of course interjected with, "Yeah! She set herself on fire!" I turned to her and said, "Lulu! That isn't true! You don't know what happened! They're still investigating." It's shit like that...she just makes shit up. She's always got to have some sort of input.Lulu is also the first person in line for anything free. When the PTO brings in breakfast, lunch or snacks, there's Lulu...chowing down before anyone else has had a chance to have their share. Last Thursday when we had our late night they fed us Skyline. The next day when I came into the Media Center (where she was covering) she had taken a package of hot dog buns that had been left over. About 36 HOT DOG BUNS!!! On Valentine's Day, the NHS had made the teachers a bunch of treats and left them for us in the teacher's lounge. When I got to school that morning (at 6:45), Lulu walked by me with a mouthful and handful of said treats. She said to me, "Have you been down to the work room? There are a bunch of treats!" (Remember, I had just arrived at school...still had my coat on...hadn't even gotten into my classroom yet!).
Additionally, she shows up at school when she's not needed nor required to be there. For instance: We have an in-service day today...for teachers. I wake up this morning to an email which she sent to the whole district that says, "What time are we supposed to be there? I don't want to be late." Dude! Sleep in! Torture your husband today rather then the teachers! This doesn't pertain to you!
Here's my point in brining all this up (and brace yourselves because I'm going to be a total asshole here): Yesterday, Thursday, I went into the media center before classes started to use the restroom. There she was behind the desk, rocking in her chair (she constantly rocks back and forth, back and forth...pretty sure she's also on the spectrum...which isn't meant to be an insult...just a fact and might give you a bit more perspective). Normally I try to avoid looking directly at her but I did and said, "Good morning!" And I noticed that she had the sign of a cross, in ashes on her forehead. And it crossed my mind, Oh, she must be catholic. And then I realized, it was Thursday. The day before had been Ash Wednesday. And I just shook my head, grabbed my phone and sent this text to my Lunch Ladies group: "So Lulu still has ashes on her forehead I'm guessing so we all know she went to church like a good catholic. More than that, however: we all know she didn't shower today or last night nor did she wash her freaking face this morning." Dumb. I know. I'm mean. I can't help it. I'm NOT a good Catholic.
Okay well, I'd best get going. Jim's already out the door to do his cardiac rehab. I'll do some yoga here in a minute then get on the elliptical. When Jim gets home we'll do a little cleaning and then head to the basement to purge some. From there I'm guessing we'll go out to lunch and just have a lovely day together. Not sure what I'll make for dinner tonight but something Jim can have for leftovers since I'm headed to Columbus tomorrow. Fingers crossed the roads are okay.
Happy Friday! Happy weekend! Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment