Thursday, February 22, 2024

Annual Come To Jesus (Semi-annual? Quarterly?)

Well, we had the annual "come to Jesus" talk last evening. This seems to happen every time Jim goes through a health crisis and he's left at home to his own devices. Yesterday when I got home, Jim wasn't here. So I checked his location on the app and saw that he'd been at home all day and only left at 2:00. I noticed that he did nothing while at home. Before I left yesterday I asked him to please continue in the basement with the needed purging. Of course that didn't happen. So last night after dinner, I asked, "So...from the time you got home from cardiac rehab (at 9:00) until you left at 2:00, did you do anything?" He proceeded to say, "Yes!" I asked what he did and he started with, "Well, I ate a bowl of cereal." Seriously. That's what he said he "did". I mean WTW!?

Needless to say, I handed Jim a bit of his ass. Here's the thing: I can't think of a time where Jim's been "disappointed" in me; whether it's because I didn't follow through on something or I lied to him or I said one thing and did another. Never. I asked him last night and he couldn't come up with anything either. But I'm often disappointed in Jim's lack of follow through and it's so frustrating. I'm frustrated that he doesn't think of me and initiate things that he knows I'd be grateful for. I do a ton around here including cooking, keeping track of bills and taking care of our finances, laundry (other than clothes), I make sure the cupboards aren't bare, and so much more. It shouldn't be too much to ask Jim to do certain things and NOT sleep and sit on his ass all day. 

Now, I'm sure people are out there once again saying, "Muir is so hard on Jim." "Muir is too controlling and doesn't let Jim do more." But here's the thing: I've tried to let him handle certain things and he couldn't be trusted to follow through (paying bills). I'd get past due notices and it was more trouble than it was worth. I'm definitely a bit of a control freak but that's nothing new and you'd think that after nearly 23 years of marriage, Jim would've figured out what I expect and what he needs to do to keep from getting ripped a new ass. 

In reality, last night I wasn't out of control and I really didn't yell. I just voiced my disappointment, frustration and then went to bed. Hopefully today I'll come home to some shit done and things will be good...for a while...until they aren't again and I need to remind Jim of his responsibilities. Ugh! 

Dinner tonight: Golden Pork Chops. This is an old favorite that I haven't made in a long time and I'm excited. It's on my Pork Pinterest board. I highly recommend it! If you love pork chops and stuffing and corn...yum! 

K - So happy tomorrow is Friday and bonus, I ordered Chicken Salad Chick for lunch tomorrow! Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments: