Wednesday, February 28, 2024

I So Nervous

The weather managed to hold off all night and has only now started raging. The storm is currently right over us and I'm nervous. There's a good chance I could lose power since the lights have already flickered once. The wind is roaring and the rain is pounding. I'm just hoping that by the time I have to leave (I'll wait until about 6:30) it will have passed and I can drive safely through the back roads. No way am I going the highway. 

The temps? When I got up this morning it was 69 degrees. By the time I head home today it's supposed to be in the 30s and tonight we're supposed to hit 19. That's fucking crazy! This weather is ridiculous. 

So Jim and I were watching the Wheel last night and I just don't understand why anyone going to the bonus round would pick "Thing" or "Place". I mean seriously, those two categories could include the most obscure things. And they do. Last night the chick chose "Place" and the answer was "Wide empty field". I mean it might as well have been "My butt hole". Technically that could be the answer for "Thing" as well. It's just so stupid and people are dumb who chose either of those. (Sorry about the butt hole comment.) 

If you'll recall, for dinner last night I made a Cajun chicken dish and I have to say, it was really yummy! I will certainly make it again. I thought it might be too salty but it wasn't. (I have it pinned on my Chicken board on Pinterest.) I substituted the cream with coconut milk and served it over wheat egg noodles. 

Dinner tonight will be leftovers because Jim's an asshole and hasn't been eating what's in the fridge for lunch. He did have some of the blueberry pancakes from Sunday but that just isn't enough. 

Oh, by the way, yesterday was such a good day. At first when I got to school and saw they'd changed my testers from 1 using standard time to 3 with double time over multiple days, I was annoyed. However, only 1 of my 3 kids showed up. Then the brilliant kid only took about 60 minutes to take the 2 parts of which he had 210 minutes. I mean, way to go dude! He was out the door and headed home before 9:30. This meant I had a solid 5 hours to work. It was lovely and I got a ton of shit done. 

Okay well, I have to take another look at the radar and then finish getting ready. Power is still on which is a good thing. Happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments: