Jim's appointment yesterday was fairly uneventful...I guess. It was pretty routine for pre-op tests. However, when I looked at the results just now for the cartoid ultrasound it said that it was "technically difficult" due to shadowing? I don't know. It also mentioned stenosis of the bilateral cartoid arteries and when I looked at that it said that it can lead to stroke or symptoms of a stroke. He is on aspirin, however, so hopefully we're in the clear...for now. The vein mapping was all a lot of mumbo jumbo to this non-medical moron. We'll just assume all will be well until Jimmy gets his surgery.
Speaking of his surgery, I can't say that I'm overly stressed about it...yet. However, I do wake up several times a night (for water or to use the facilities) and my first thoughts are always Jim's surgery. It's certainly, constantly on my mind. I'm trying to compartmentalize all of it and not worry until it's time to worry. And on the one hand, I can't wait for this to get fixed but on the other hand I'm scared of this surgery and on my third hand, I'm nervous about Jim's recovery. With all of this though, Jim seems NOT to be worried. Every now and then he'll say something but he's certainly not losing sleep and he seems happy. Dude is so resilient! Let's hope that continues.
You'll be happy to hear that with the windy day yesterday, most of the leaves on the trees in my yard are off. I'd say after the rain this week, I'll definitely be done. I doubt I'll get to both the front and back until next week but that will give time for dry out. We'll see.
Dinner tonight I believe will be leftovers. I have soup and meat loaf and meatballs still so I think that would be best.
Jim got up REALLY early today (I'm not sure when because I didn't hear him) and was out the door by 5:00. He didn't end up going in yesterday what with the doctor's appointment and then heading down to hang with Dad so he's making up hours. Until his last day before surgery (last day being the 17th) he'll be at Deerfield. It's nice he'll be close to home and Costco and Aldi. I'm sending him this week.
Oh! It's election day! I can't forget to vote! I'm so looking forward to the ads going away. I'm so sick of hearing the lies about Issue 1. BTW - vote yes on 1 and 2. In my area, I have some board members for the school to vote for and then my county has an issue for DD services. Other than that, there isn't anything on my ballot. Fingers crossed! There are so many "no" signs for issue 1, it makes me nervous. I won't get on my soapbox...you're welcome.
Okay. Guess I better get the dogs out one more time and hit the road. Boo didn't eat. What is with my freaking dogs!? Scout finally eats this morning after 36 hours of NOT and now Boo's messing with his momma! They're bad dogs! Not really.
K - happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment